Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Well that’s true.. but I’m talking about County men, cute lads that can drop the right comment at the right time about the likes of Hoggy getting held at the start of his run and no referee in the country picking it up… I’m not thinking of those whose agenda has always been self serving
Very good point. As you say Kerry lads are particularly cute at it.

Kerry are incredible at it.. and the way they roll out from a cave somewhere North Kuurrrry the likes of the Bomber and Mikey Sheehy the week before the final and overload on the ref, without evening mentioning him.. KK will normally get Tommy and Jackie at it… but Keher is always their main man in the week of the AI if they want to lean on the ref..

Kerry are incredible at it.. and the way they roll out from a cave somewhere North Kuurrrry the likes of the Bomber and Mikey Sheehy the week before the final and overload on the ref, without evening mentioning him.. KK will normally get Tommy and Jackie at it… but Keher is always their main man in the week of the AI if they want to lean on the ref..
That stuff can work against you too, having outspoken ex players I mean. I’m not sure Babs contributes much good to Tipp hurling these days for example. Loughnane with Clare too.

Tomas Mulcahy was a loss to us on the Sunday Game I think. Cusack is in love with Limerick.

That stuff can work against you too, having outspoken ex players I mean. I’m not sure Babs contributes much good to Tipp hurling these days for example. Loughnane with Clare too.

Tomas Mulcahy was a loss to us on the Sunday Game I think. Cusack is in love with Limerick.
Ah no.. Sure Babs was a lose cannon- his own man- doing his own thing… journalists playing on the ego & getting the sound bites
Kerry definitely co ordinate what they are saying..
Keher too will always say what needs to be said to help KK..
They would never say anything that would cut the legs from under their own men.
Tbh I don’t listen to Cusack.. off the wall stuff.. And without starting a civil war on here, imo he is the leader of a group that cost Cork 2 All Irelands and set Cork hurling back 20 years. I hope the tops, socks and prawn sandwiches are worth it.
Sean Og, a gentleman, went way up in my book a few years back when he was man enough and admitted what they did was wrong for Cork hurling and if he was back again he wouldn’t

Ah no.. Sure Babs was a lose cannon- his own man- doing his own thing… journalists playing on the ego & getting the sound bites
Kerry definitely co ordinate what they are saying..
Keher too will always say what needs to be said to help KK..
They would never say anything that would cut the legs from under their own men.
Tbh I don’t listen to Cusack.. off the wall stuff.. And without starting a civil war on here, imo he is the leader of a group that cost Cork 2 All Irelands and set Cork hurling back 20 years. I hope the tops, socks and prawn sandwiches are worth it.
Sean Og, a gentleman, went way up in my book a few years back when he was man enough and admitted what they did was wrong for Cork hurling and if he was back again he wouldn’t
You’ve hit the nail on the head there about the Cork stuff. Seán Óg is a gentleman and one of our finest ever ambassadors. A few players were caught up at that time and I’m certain they’d do thing differently if they had their time back. Sadly others have said they didn’t go far enough but those people are in the minority.

I’m very excited about our future, massive underage talent and great people now involved. It’ll take a lot to topple Limerick but we’re on the right track.

It was red i just wanted him to say it. Cranky what 2 all ireland's did he cost us?
Wasn’t me who said that but I agree with the comment. I understood it to mean that if we hadn’t been so distracted from 06-09 that the focus of Cork hurling would have been on developing young players and that given our historical record of wins that we would have won 2 in the last 17 years and not 0.

Cusack. Spent years knocking Cork on the Sunder Game.

He didn't knock Cork, he knocked the previous county board, and was right to do so. The graph he displayed on TSG after our defeat to Galway in 2015 made for sickening reading. Do you want him, or us, to hide from the truth? That graph would make for a very very different reading now.

Now that we actually have a competent county board, when do you ever hear him knock Cork? He's always full of praise for the current group of players and management.

What's wrong with being full of praise for Limerick? They are an all time great team and set-up. Let's not forget the issues they've had in the past with mismanagement at the administration level. Do you think it was their strike in 2010 that set them back years?

Blaming the strike for our woes at senior level is so wide of the mark. Sadly, that rhetoric will not alter amongst some of the dinosaurs on here.

Wasn’t me who said that but I agree with the comment. I understood it to mean that if we hadn’t been so distracted from 06-09 that the focus of Cork hurling would have been on developing young players and that given our historical record of wins that we would have won 2 in the last 17 years and not 0.
Cork had the upper hand at the time.. a brilliant team who got massively distracted, and didn’t win what they should have.. instead they opened the door for KK.. then the rot that set in
Better hurling men than me have written all about this. The regrets haunt some of those involved every day, even 20 years later.

Sean Og spoke about it on the Sunday game and gave the examiner that interview

“Seán Óg Ó hAilpín regrets casualties of 'filthy, callous, cold' strike aftermath. Not a day goes by that Seán Óg Ó hAilpín doesn’t reflect on things that were said during the Cork player strikes and the ‘filthy’ aftermath”​

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼