2023 Premier SHC

2 months to the start of championship. Sars look to be the leading contenders again this year? Bishopstown relegated to Division 3 of the league, going to be hard for them to try improve enough to stay in this grade in Championship I would imagine.

A bit of a wait for it yet but really looking forward to it! Bishopstown’s race is surely tan at this stage. Unless maybe Kanturk, it’s hard to see who else could get the drop. Sars going well again but it’s be interesting to see if they can bring it to the Champ

We've gone from a championship with no real structured dates to a championship with nearly too much structure.

It's a pity that with Cork hurlers out of the All Ireland championship it'll be 10 weeks before county championships begin.

Maybe if there was a bit of leeway in the championship programme, teams could play either Round 1 or Round 2 of championship in mid July if both competing teams agree.

We've gone from a championship with no real structured dates to a championship with nearly too much structure.

It's a pity that with Cork hurlers out of the All Ireland championship it'll be 10 weeks before county championships begin.

Maybe if there was a bit of leeway in the championship programme, teams could play either Round 1 or Round 2 of championship in mid July if both competing teams agree.
I disagree. Lot of the Cork team heading off on J1s and 1000s of other young hurlers around the county headed off as well. They’ll return back home around mid July to get a couple weeks training before championship. Players can book holidays knowing they won’t miss out on championship.

I disagree. Lot of the Cork team heading off on J1s and 1000s of other young hurlers around the county headed off as well. They’ll return back home around mid July to get a couple weeks training before championship. Players can book holidays knowing they won’t miss out on championship.
Picking two of the first weekend games SAFC Kanturk v Fermoy and PSFC Carrigaline v Eire Og (dual clubs).
I would think that teams like these and maybe teams like Newcestown & St Finbarrs would love to play a championship game in mid July to lessen the players workload in August.

Playing 4 tough championship games in 21 days in different codes is way too much for any player.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

28th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼