Cork u20 Hurling 2023

You could see by Ben's reaction that they wanted to put Limerick out. Great second half. Ref got the sending off right but was inconsistent. Gave a free out to Limerick when match was in the balance for overcarrying when it was clear the Cork player's jersey was tugged. Tyers and O Grady couldn't believe it...even if they are from Cork😁

Read what I wrote...no mention of Ben's own personal decision.

But commonsense meant nobody else really believed he would turn down a pro contract. Best of luck to him.

Theres no guarantees with anything.

He had plenty of raw talent and ability with the oval ball but who knows what can happen down the road.

Wish the young man all the best. Cork hurling's loss is Munster rugby's gain.

A great win to dig out. Important too to knock Limerick out and keep chipping away at the aura around Limerick hurling currently. We can't let them build a dynasty a la Kilkenny 2000-2015.

Thought the ref was a complete homer although Ben O Connor deserved his red. The ref correctly blew Cork for numerous frees only for Limerick to commit the same offence and no free forthcoming.

I'd still be worried that there is a few passengers on the team who only play in patches but there is definitely a few guys there with senior potential. Mullins the wingback and O Sullivan the corner back have impressed me no end all year, that's on top of the usual suspects like Cunningham, Downey, Buckley, Wilk etc.
Dywer from Ballincollig is another I see potential in.

One bedbug of mine is Ben Cunningham coming back into his own half to hit frees. I'm yet to see him put one over and would much rather have a defender take them and have Ben in on the edge of the square for them or else just let Saunderson hit them and see if he's more accurate over the 80 yards+

Pity about Ben O Connor jr and the rugby but best of luck to him. A professional sports career is most boys dream. Can I be selfish and say I won't shed a tear if he fails at rugby and can come back hurling.

Ben O Connor Sr was spitting venom during the game and again afterwards in his interview. I love to see that. Every top player carrys some chip on his shoulder and you could see that in Ben's interview afterwards. Fierce driven.

Who do lads fancy to win the semi? Clare gave Cork a better game then Tipp but Tipp look to have improved over the last few weeks and really had Cork in desperate bother for about 25 mins. So I'll tip Tipp to get to the final.

Not so sure he got it fully right. The colour of the card could well have been different.
I think he did because he went into hit him a shoulder but got his side/side of his chest but not his shoulder. It wasn't a frontal contact so a yellow was probably right, but that's just my opinion. He was on the edge anyway cos you could see the ref when he gave him the first yellow had 3 fingers up indicating 3 previous incidents.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Eoin Jordan & Stan Notte
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

11th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Tanya Louise & Alex

The Pav, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼