Cyclists

They are not. The Tiguan is not much bigger than a Golf. Just higher. The Touareg is an SUV. The Sportage is not one either.

It’s very clear what some are doing though. Lumping all of these cars in together as if somehow a Tiguan and a Range Rover are the same.

Sorry but thats bollocks.

The Tiguan has 95hp more than a Golf, Torque 120Nm more, its longer, wider and higher with double the boot space. Greater acceleration and top speed.

By all definable characteristics its a far bigger, more powerful vehicle.

The main difference in all the vehicles mentioned is affordability. The Asian vehicles are the best priced along with the much improved Dacia.

Mid range you have you VW, Audi, Ford.

Then top of the market of you have your Volvo, Mercedes, Range Rover.

Personally having driven most of them I wouldn't opt for a RR the handling is poor and they are for my mind not worth the extra cost. People like the snob value but there you go.

End of the day people drive the car they can afford, only wankers scoff at people who drive older, cheaper models.

Same as lycra clad assholes who think they own the road as they can get upto 50 on the roadbike they've dropped 3 or 4k on. The prevalence of dashcams will make fruitcakes complaints to the Gardai pointless as motorists can simply present their own footage to Garda showing dangerous road position from cyclists on a single lane route.

Last edited:
Sorry but thats bollocks.

The Tiguan has 95hp more than a Golf, Torque 120Nm more, its longer, wider and higher with double the boot space. Greater acceleration and top speed.

By all definable characteristics its a far bigger, more powerful vehicle.

The main difference in all the vehicles mentioned is affordability. The Asian vehicles are the best priced along with the much improved Dacia.

Mid range you have you VW, Audi, Ford.

Then top of the market of you have your Volvo, Mercedes, Range Rover.

Personally having driven most of them I wouldn't opt for a RR the handling is poor and they are for my mind not worth the extra cost. People like the snob value but there you go.

End of the day people drive the car they can afford, only wankers scoff at people who drive older, cheaper models.
Sorry but that’s also bollox. The diesel engines in the Golf and Tiguan are the exact same. Both 2.0 diesel with 150 bhp.

Price is a massive factor no doubt. €50k for an R Line Tiguan v €37k for a golf. It is bigger no doubt but why a car like a Tiguan is treated as worse than a Passat is baffling to me. Tiguans etc are not in the same class of car as a RR, Q7, X7, GLS and people need to stop treating those who buy them like they are buying this tank which will ruin the planet.

Sorry but that’s also bollox. The diesel engines in the Golf and Tiguan are the exact same. Both 2.0 diesel with 150 bhp.

Price is a massive factor no doubt. €50k for an R Line Tiguan v €37k for a golf. It is bigger no doubt but why a car like a Tiguan is treated as worse than a Passat is baffling to me. Tiguans etc are not in the same class of car as a RR, Q7, X7, GLS and people need to stop treating those who buy them like they are buying this tank which will ruin the planet.

Again you're not comparing like with like.

A 2.0 TSI Tiguan has 245hp compared with the 1.5 TSI Golf 150 Hp

You've said its 'not much bigger' then you say ' it is bigger no doubt'.

All over the place m8.

Again you're not comparing like with like.

A 2.0 TSI Tiguan has 245hp compared with the 1.5 TSI Golf 150 Hp

You've said its 'not much bigger' then you say ' it is bigger no doubt'.

All over the place m8.
I’ve literally compared the diesel engine in both. They’re the same.

I’m not at all saying they are the same car. I’m saying a Tiguan is not that much bigger. It is bigger but those who portray a Tiguan as a gas guzzling SUV and cars like a Golf not so are way off the mark.

Can’t imagine too many have bought a 2.0 TSI Tiguan.

I think we’re agreeing with each other here on 90% of what we’re saying.

I’ve literally compared the diesel engine in both. They’re the same.

I’m not at all saying they are the same car. I’m saying a Tiguan is not that much bigger. It is bigger but those who portray a Tiguan as a gas guzzling SUV and cars like a Golf not so are way off the mark.

Can’t imagine too many have bought a 2.0 TSI Tiguan.

I think we’re agreeing with each other here on 90% of what we’re saying.

Nope, the entry level in both arnt remotely similar.

If you want the 2.0 Golf you're paying a lot more.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼