Divorce

Regardless of behaviour all separations/divorces in Ireland are "no fault". The only thing a court might take into account is domestic violence. The reasoning is that it is not the job of the Court to legislate for human emotion. People fall in and out of loe, people fall in love with third parties, that is not the concenrn of the court. All the court will deal with is fair division of assets, severing the contract and making sure that any dependant children are looked after.

If a couple arent marrried but have been co habiting for some time then either party may have rights and obligations towards the other. The legislation is still quite new though, so it is difficult to know how the courts are applying it. That legislation is the same as traditional separation/divorce legislation though in that it does not allow for the apportioning of blame.

That's a bit unfair, imho. So if someone does something specific so that the other person has no option but to end the relationship/marriage, it's still seen as "nobody's fault"?!

You know you've only got one side of the story here? And if she had nowhere else to go how is she a bitch?

Thats true. He hasn't mentioned anything about the house or details about the break up. But that is his business. Not ours.Anyhow I get the impression she may be playing mind games on him? As she went to Ireland after sending him an email that she would try? I might get something wrong but it looks like it

So you don't accept that in law you'd have no right to do that?

Obviously I'd have to accept what the law dictates. But that doesn't mean I'd be happy about it. I'd see it as extremely unfair that someone would have rights to the property when they had behaved in such a bad manner.

That's a bit unfair, imho. So if someone does something specific so that the other person has no option but to end the relationship/marriage, it's still seen as "nobody's fault"?!

You could go on and on though.

One person may feel they had good reason to do the 'wrong' thing. Like he ignored me all day so I got attention elsewhere, or whatever. That's a personal judgement, what one person considers ignoring another may think is enough attention.

You can't expect a judge to try and work out blame really

And what if each person thinks the other is at fault? You seem to have some kind of blind spot here. It's very simple - you do not have the right to kick your wife out of the house. End of story.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Home In Ireland: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1:30pm

More events ▼