Divorce

In all fairness if she is the one who finishes the relationship then she should move out. One can settle all the legal requirements later.

My sisters husband moved out because he ended the marriage. Even if the house belonged to both he did not want to stay in the same house. Fair play to him. It would have been a torture for my sis if he had stayed on.

Ever hear your parents say "My house, my rules - if you don't like em LEAVE"

Well his house - she doesn't want him - bye now !

This is a marriage, or the end of one. Not a parent/child relationship.

Why are we all assuming this is his house on which she has no claim? How wonderful it would be if it was as simple as opening the door

It really depends on the circumstances, it's very unusual to be in a position to kick someone out after a marriage of any length.

It's an awful situation to be in, I walked out of mine against all the advice I had to stay put. Fortunately financially I could but that's not always an option.

Had I stayed I'd have gone mad I think

I think the reason she didn't contest anything was because she was totally in the wrong and knew it. They were married just under 2 years, I think. Plus, she couldn't really afford to pay for a Solicitor. To stay in a situation like that, like you said previously Rutty, would be mental torture. And just not worth it.

In all fairness if she is the one who finishes the relationship then she should move out. One can settle all the legal requirements later.

My sisters husband moved out because he ended the marriage. Even if the house belonged to both he did not want to stay in the same house. Fair play to him. It would have been a torture for my sis if he had stayed on.

I agree that is what she should do. But it may not be a simple case of him being able to force her if she doesn't

Ever hear your parents say "My house, my rules - if you don't like em LEAVE"

Well his house - she doesn't want him - bye now !

We're talking about a married couple and not parents and children. He would have no right to kick her out, you can get as macho as you like, thems the facts.
Quite sexist of you to assume he holds all the cards.

We're talking about a married couple and not parents and children. He would have no right to kick her out, you can get as macho as you like, thems the facts.
Quite sexist of you to assume he holds all the cards.

If she refuses to leave whatever the ownership situation is with the house, than he is better off leaving the house as this only prolongs his suffering.
Btw, she is a bitch if she stays on

If she refuses to leave whatever the ownership situation is with the house, than he is better off leaving the house as this only prolongs his suffering.

He would be better off, he's not going to lose any entitlement if he does. There are no children so that makes it easier.

I wanted the end to my marriage, not him, but I had good reason. The house we bought together was my family home, the place I'd grown up in, so to leave it was a real wrench. But it was the best thing for my sanity. By leaving it I didn't lose my half. He's still there won't let me buy him out, if I wanted I could force the issue, but tbh I'm not that bothered anymore. It's still half my house and I'm in no rush for the money.

You know you've only got one side of the story here? And if she had nowhere else to go how is she a bitch?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Route66

Cantys, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼