Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Doubt if a manager like Brian Cody would have that mentality. If a team is better it’s ok to accept losing! Right! Cody would find a way to win, and defeat is not an option.
That’s guff talk. Kilkenny lost the final last year in case you hadn’t noticed. And they played fantastic. Limerick were just better. That happens in sport. Sometimes the other team are better, you learn from it and go again the next year.

That’s guff talk. Kilkenny lost the final last year in case you hadn’t noticed. And they played fantastic. Limerick were just better. That happens in sport. Sometimes the other team are better, you learn from it and go again the next year.
That is not the point that I think he was making.

Going into the game Cody had only one thing on his mind...winning. No other outcome was considered and he would have planned accordingly , John Kiely would have done the same.

Any manager who does otherwise whould not be there.

Going into the game Cody had only one thing on his mind...winning. No other outcome was considered and he would have planned accordingly , John Kiely would have done the same.

Of course. But I’m not the Cork manager, am just giving an opinion on what I see. If an intercounty manager was on a forum board it’d be concerning.

Doubt if a manager like Brian Cody would have that mentality. If a team is better it’s ok to accept losing! Right! Cody would find a way to win, and defeat is not an option.

Tbf, I think all bainisteoirs go into any match believing they can win it and set out to do so.
Sometimes however, as many teams found out against Cody's own KK in the previous decade, you come up against an immovable force! Davy Fitz by all accounts believed 100% and had a very talented group of players similarly believing that the 2008 AI title was their destiny. All that belief had withered and died within 20 minutes of throw in.

Tbf, I think all bainisteoirs go into any match believing they can win it and set out to do so.
Sometimes however, as many teams found out against Cody's own KK in the previous decade, you come up against an immovable force! Davy Fitz by all accounts believed 100% and had a very talented group of players similarly believing that the 2008 AI title was their destiny. All that belief had withered and died within 20 minutes of throw in.
Of course they do. As do players. And that’s right that they do. But supporters are free to think a team will be too good for us on the day. Doesn’t make them any less loyal.

Davys dream in 2008’withered and died the moment he told his players before the game to go out and flake the Kilkenny lads.

All managers believe they will win, but if they don’t pick the right team and ask them to play the right type of game they won’t win

I don’t want to see Pat Ryan storming up and down the sideline like a lunatic, I want to see him instill a system of play that will work and instill a belief in his players that makes them perform above the norm

Cork are 6/4 with Boyles. Get on early before the price drops
Davys dream in 2008’withered and died the moment he told his players before the game to go out and flake the Kilkenny lads.

All managers believe they will win, but if they don’t pick the right team and ask them to play the right type of game they won’t win

I don’t want to see Pat Ryan storming up and down the sideline like a lunatic, I want to see him instill a system of play that will work and instill a belief in his players that makes them perform above the norm
Agree re manager behaviour. That Kilkenny team were unbeatable in 08.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Laugh Gaff Comedy

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼