Cork Footballers

You only have to look as far as MTU Corks Sigerson team to realise how little goalies we have available to us.. I believe an outfielder from Kilshannig (Kieran Twomey) who has never played in goals is between the sticks for them atm.. an absolute farce if you ask me!
Gavin Creedon and Josh O’Keeffe. What’s their story anyone know?

I don’t agree having seen both play for Cork and their clubs over the last 12 months. Deane was Corks best forward for a few years prior to his astonishing dropping by Ricken.. There is a right good battle building for half the places on the team which is a positive

Very impressed with John O Rourke's contribution. Scored 2 nice points to put the game to bed, his second with his left foot was exceptional. Good option off the bench.

Lots of people see potential in McSweeney and he's said to have the ability to take a point from the HF line which is something we lack. I don't want to criticise lads that are trying to nail down a place but I'm not sure he'll make the grade - what do BMs think ?

Also delighted to see Deane back. I could not understand why he was dropped. Always gave Kerry problems
John o rourke? Hes there 11 years. Move on man. Remimd ya of conor mccarthy from skibb plodding over and back

Ruairi Deane barely had a kick in the Prem Intermediate final. Marked out of it by a club player. He’s astonishingly left footed and shouldn’t have been brought back in

Deane wasn’t good enough 2 years, he’s even worse now.

He’s always been a head down merchant, zero intelligence or creativity with the ball. And he doesn’t have the engine or the speed to be a work horse wing forward.

He won’t start championship, he’s been brought back purely to have a guy with a bit of experience around the squad.

He seems to have a few fans here though, don’t let them fool you, they don’t watch club games and are basing their assessments on the 1/2 games a year they watch and what they read in the papers.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

13th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼