Cork Footballers

Ruairi Deane barely had a kick in the Prem Intermediate final. Marked out of it by a club player. He’s astonishingly left footed and shouldn’t have been brought back in
😱.. The Cork selectors don’t agree with you.. North Cork for the county.
Your boy got the curly finger last night which was no big surprise to the crowd after what he did.

Ruairi Deane barely had a kick in the Prem Intermediate final. Marked out of it by a club player. He’s astonishingly left footed and shouldn’t have been brought back in
Deane was carrying a major knock in that final. Didn’t train at all in the lead up to it.

Comparing club games in that sense is also not fully accurate because the full attention of opposition is often on the county player and he needs adequate support from teammates in order to flourish.

Deane will have a role to play but most likely from the behind. He brings size to the table too which will be needed at times.

His first action last night when introduced was a Hail Mary shot which is not to be expected from a senior player…..his kicking is poor for this level, his strength is running with the ball and this would suggest his best use is in the last 20 minutes of a game, a squad player and if he is starting I would worry as it means we really haven’t sorted the half forward line. Sweeney seems to have lost some confidence as his long range kicking was a real strength previously, his work rate is good as it is across the team which is a good sign, however with O’Driscoll and powter we are in a stronger position in the half forward already, based on our weak kickouts I would think management will be looking at o’hanlon on one wing to offer another kickout option

😱.. The Cork selectors don’t agree with you.. North Cork for the county.
Your boy got the curly finger last night which was no big surprise to the crowd after what he did.
McSweeney is not "my boy" he's touch and go to be starting. The fact Deane booted the ball wide as soon as he got on the pitch was no surprise to the crowd who've watched him for ten years. He seems to have a remarkable number of fans on here.

Big decision to be made around positioning of Powter, he is going to get hurt in current role at 11, got nailed 4 or 5 times last night, only for his honesty he didn't go down and played on but I would be very worried about him having his back to the tackle too much

Big decision to be made around positioning of Powter, he is going to get hurt in current role at 11, got nailed 4 or 5 times last night, only for his honesty he didn't go down and played on but I would be very worried about him having his back to the tackle too much
I thought the same. He won 5/6 frees but towards the end of the game he was hobbling with all the hits he got. He kinda reminds of Jonny Sexton in the rugby. Throws himself into everything.

W
Where can he play though that he can be effective & not take hits?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Muireann Bradley
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

3rd Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

THE TAN JACKETS

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:50pm

More events ▼