Dog acting like a dog problem

Pic!!!

Goodman yourself on the rescue. I love dogs, rescued a few myself.

As hard as it is, you need to show a dog who's the boss. Pups look for hierarchy, right now she thinks she is top dog.

When she barks, a light touch on the arse and with pointed finger repeat NO twice.

Stern voice needed. It's either that or it's back to the pound where she'll probably be put down.

And leave her sleep inside by night. It's not a farmyard sheep dog.

Routine routine routine. Dog is for life. Had my last two for 16 years.

There she is, she a lovely thing to be fair, time for a trim again soon but the shaggy coat is kinda cool

9-FD07-ED3-5-A10-4181-9086-F828-AEB2981-A.jpg

I’ll try your barking tip, lets see. No hope she’s sleeping in beds, she’s not allowed up the stairs and doesn’t even try. The crate is down stairs and she jumps into it herself so that’s all good.

There she is, she a lovely thing to be fair, time for a trim again soon but the shaggy coat is kinda cool

9-FD07-ED3-5-A10-4181-9086-F828-AEB2981-A.jpg

I’ll try your barking tip, lets see. No hope she’s sleeping in beds, she’s not allowed up the stairs and doesn’t even try. The crate is down stairs and she jumps into it herself so that’s all good.
Ah now sham!!!!!

She's a keeper.

If she's happy downstairs just make sure she's warm. Winter n all.

Yep, trim needed just make sure the eyes, nose, mouth and ears are completely hair free. Regular grooming. A brush costs a fiver.

But definitely cut it down further come Spring! Me being Mayor n all.

Collar means belonging. Just keep it loose and watch for chaffing = infections = vet bills.

But ya. Good move!! Thanks for the pic.

Pic!!!

Goodman yourself on the rescue. I love dogs, rescued a few myself.

As hard as it is, you need to show a dog who's the boss. Pups look for hierarchy, right now she thinks she is top dog.

When she barks, a light touch on the arse and with pointed finger repeat NO twice.

Stern voice needed. It's either that or it's back to the pound where she'll probably be put down.

And leave her sleep inside by night. It's not a farmyard sheep dog.

Routine routine routine. Dog is for life. Had my last two for 16 years.
:oops:

One more thing.... She has a dry nose. I'm sure she has access to plenty of water but it's usually an indication of stress. The move, obviously.

Keep an eye on it over the coming days. I'm sure it will moisten out.

Ah now sham!!!!!

She's a keeper.

If she's happy downstairs just make sure she's warm. Winter n all.

Yep, trim needed just make sure the eyes, nose, mouth and ears are completely hair free. Regular grooming. A brush costs a fiver.

But definitely cut it down further come Spring! Me being Mayor n all.

Collar means belonging. Just keep it loose and watch for chaffing = infections = vet bills.

But ya. Good move!! Thanks for the pic.
All good man, thanks for the tips

The collar is only to keep her name tag and the phone number on her, its pretty loose. I have one of those Julius harnesses for walking as she ate through the lighter one straight away!

She is due a trim, but when we got her she has about 3 or 4 times that hair again and it was all matted so she had to be skinned like a rat, so it’s nice to see the coat back again at a nice length

She is going nowhere, I’m confident the missus would throw me out before the dog :)

One more thing.... She has a dry nose. I'm sure she has access to plenty of water but it's usually an indication of stress. The move, obviously.

Keep an eye on it over the coming days. I'm sure it will moisten out.
👍

she has water there for whenever she wants, maybe she is getting used to the house being a bit warm for her?

She was in with the vet last week for a check up and they seemed happy so I think she’s doing ok for the moment.. just needs to quit the guard dog routine :)

She is getting plenty of loving, the kids have a new best buddy and its the dog the missus has wanted for about 15 years! She got about 5km walk this morning along the sea front so she is well looked after but the barking is becoming a nightmare.

I wouldn't put her outside other than work hours to be fair, she puts herself in the crate at night and that's it until the morning so I wont be disrupting that!
Don’t want to be a pain in the hole bit if she’s barking outdoors it’ll drive the neighbours barmy
I’ve 3 fuckin yokes over the e wall( 3 different houses )
And honestly in at least 2 of the houses they just don’t give a Fuck about the non stop barking that sometimes goes on for hours
One of the prick owners was tackled about it by a female neighbour- his answer to her - he’s doing what dogs do 🙄🙄🙄cop out answer
Dog owners ( mines dead a few years)need to fuckin cop on if your dogs constantly at it

Can’t blame the dog——incidentally only one of those animals gets any sort of exercise

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

In Da F House

Levis Corner House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼