Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Good choice imo. For me there are only 4 nailed on starters for Cork, Coleman & O'Flynn aren't captain material and Joyce is a bit young so it's O'Donoghue almost by default.
Coleman???
Where would he play?
He can’t defend and we have better midfielders and forwards.

Coleman???
Where would he play?
He can’t defend and we have better midfielders and forwards.
I'd still play him wing-back. This whole sweeper centre-back thing Kingston had him doing nearly destroyed him.
PR will get the best out of him I think and still deserving of a place on the team imo.
Who would you have as the two wing-backs?

I'd still play him wing-back. This whole sweeper centre-back thing Kingston had him doing nearly destroyed him.
PR will get the best out of him I think and still deserving of a place on the team imo.
Any two from the Downeys and Daire O’Leary

Any two from the Downeys and Daire O’Leary
Rob Downey too slow for wing-back.
Daire O'Leary got slaughtered last year in the small bit we saw of him so completely unproven, the Titanic would turn quicker than him.
Eoin Downey has a long career ahead of him for Cork for sure, whether it's a year too early for wing-back we'll see I suppose.

I would have Daire o leary if not playing full back and Rob Downey as the 2 wing backs. I think coleman has got exposed at wing back on a few occasions. I do think he would warrant a look at somewhere in the half forward line or midfield.

I would have Daire o leary if not playing full back and Rob Downey as the 2 wing backs. I think coleman has got exposed at wing back on a few occasions. I do think he would warrant a look at somewhere in the half forward line or midfield.
All three are big and bold enough to handle Hegarty. Rob has already done so.
Mark would be brushed aside.

Rob Downey too slow for wing-back.
Daire O'Leary got slaughtered last year in the small bit we saw of him so completely unproven, the Titanic would turn quicker than him.
Eoin Downey has a long career ahead of him for Cork for sure, whether it's a year too early for wing-back we'll see I suppose.
Daire had a very good campaign last year in the league bar the Kilkenny match where he was injured and got a bit of a roasting. Did a great job on Conor Whelan against Galway.

Rob and Daire aren’t the quickest without doubt, but the current hurler of the year Byrnes is far from quick but is brilliant in the air and the way Limerick play means he isn’t allowed to be caught out for pace.

I’d like to see them given a go at wing back anyway in the league, as many people have said here already their glorified challenge matches, so I hope to see lots of lads get game time unlike last year, where very few lads got a run in the league.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

6th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Io Capitano (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼