The Official Celtic Thread

In all fucking fairness like.

What has expertise on Scottish football got to do with calling out sectarianism from fans of Scottish football?

Think about it.

That’s like saying you can’t have an opinion on George Gibney unless you’re an expert on the intricacies of the 400m medley.

Expertise on Scottish football would let one know the history of the use of the term hun by rival fans. It's not just Celtic fans who use the term hun to refer to those from ibrox who'd rather be referred to as (cuddly) teddy bears. F**k that! Embra fans refer to Weegie fans as bin-dippers and sister-shaggers. Aberdeen fans are referred to as sheep-shaggers.

There's various nicknames many of which are uncomplementary, used by fans of rival football fans about each other. A guy I know is a Portsmouth fan for his trouble and he always refers to Southampton fans as "The Scum". I've heard guys refer to Man Utd fans as "Scumchester fans". I've heard Liverpool fans referred to as "bin-dippers" too. Is that OK?

Trying to dismiss the term "hun" as being a sectarian slur is risible to people who know about Scottish football, and indeed Scottish society at large. Celtic have quite a number of non-RC fans who refer to those at ibrox as huns. In fact even Hearts fans, arch rivals of Hibs in Edinburgh, seen as the Embra equivalent of The Rangers refer to the huns as huns. The ibroxonians themselves used even refer to Celtic fans back in the day as huns albeit that faded away in the 60s. And the huns had no problem referring to other fans/teams as huns.

What's next, will those referring to fans who sang "Lizzy's in a box" as dirty Arabs be accused of racism? (Hint: Fans of Dundee United are known as Arabs without any reference to race or religion - DU were formerly known as Dundee Harp)

Lol ,'Its my derogatory term for Protestants and I will perform every form of mental contortion to justify its use'.

I get that you live in an absolute hellhole where this kind of bigotry is lauded but you just sound like a neanderthal to the rest of us m8.

SoundY gets his kicks smearing underage rape victims, you two keep bumslapping.
'Magnificent' posters.

You clearly don't understand what smearing means, but you do seem to have an unhealthy fixation with bumslapping - is it a cry for help or are you trying to hook up with someone?

Straight into the homophobia. :rolleyes:

Drunk all weekend from the sound of it.

Homophobia???? What homophobia?
You made a bizarre out of the blue comment about bumslapping, and I merely said you seem fixated on bumslapping. Then you jumped to incorrect claims about homophobia (what you get up to in privacy of your own home is your own business).

No surprise the other guy jumped in like a lemming too. The two of ye are very clearly rattled. But please note, I didn't say ye are rattling each other - though, before you go off in a huff, there'd be nothing wrong with that either 😇

Homophobia???? What homophobia?
You made a bizarre out of the blue comment about bumslapping, and I merely said you seem fixated on bumslapping. Then you jumped to incorrect claims about homophobia (what you get up to in privacy of your own home is your own business).

No surprise the other guy jumped in like a lemming too. The two of ye are very clearly rattled. But please note, I didn't say ye are rattling each other - though, before you go off in a huff, there'd be nothing wrong with that either 😇

You seem to think it's an insult to suggest someone is gay, attitudes from the stone age.

You seem to think it's an insult to suggest someone is gay, attitudes from the stone age.

Really? Can you point out where I even hint at suggesting someone is gay is an insult?

You and your lies and crying wolf with your accusations of homophobia where none exists does nothing for gay rights, in fact it stunts them.

You were criticizing and posted about two of us "you two keep bumslapping" as though that somehow was going on (it wasn't) and that it was something else for you to criticise. When you got pulled up on it, you tried to accuse me of being homophobic in order to deflect from your original pathetic jibe.

Have a word with yourself you pity.

Rattled? Lmfao you are the moron who takes notice of who rates posts. No wonder you were dragged in to PS, it's your level.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼