• Aghinagh

• St Mary's

• Tadhg MacCarthaighs

• Douglas

• Kilworth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Agreed

There is no rule to rectify what happened, that is why the County Board rejected the appeal and the West Cork Board subsequently chanced their arm trying to force Caheragh and Argideen into agreeing to some sort of play off - complete cowboy stuff.

Hope the 8 clubs gone through get themselves organised as a group and fight fire with fire - the mess is not of their making and not theirs to fix.
Unfortunately Carbery board set the rulings as per the above email. Based on this Barryroe have the right to appeal and subsequently appear to have the right to a playoff.

If it was your club or mine in the same situation we would be doing the same as Barryroe.

Unfortunately Carbery board set the rulings as per the above email. Based on this Barryroe have the right to appeal and subsequently appear to have the right to a playoff.

If it was your club or mine in the same situation we would be doing the same as Barryroe.
They did have the right to appeal, which they did, unfortunately they have no right to a play off as the Co Boards decision on their appeal showed, those rules are not applicable for a few years now, they have played under the new ones for the same time as every other club - you can't change/invent rules as you go along, whether you deem it unlucky, unfortunate or whatever - the current rules of the GAA say that the Carberry Boards final adjudication of the group placings was correct.

The Co Board ratified this, because according to the rules of the GAA it was correct and dismissed Barryroes appeal.

The issue is between Barryroe and the West Cork Board, no one else.

We wouldn't do the same thing because the minute we received an email contrary to current rules of the Association our Secretary would have been on the machine to clarify the situation and pass on that info to the management team. And if not, when the group was looking like being a three way tie again we would have, if we needed to, sought clarification.

Last edited:
They did have the right to appeal, which they did, unfortunately they have no right to a play off as the Co Boards decision on their appeal showed, those rules are not applicable for a few years now, they have played under the new ones for the same time as every other club - you can't change/invent rules as you go along, whether you deem it unlucky, unfortunate or whatever - the current rules of the GAA say that the Carberry Boards final adjudication of the group placings was correct. The Co Board ratified this and dismissed Barryroes appeal.

The issue is between Barryroe and the West Cork Board, no one else.
And Bandon who started the whole mess, they'd seriously want to look at the way they are doing things in that club. Spending a thousand euro to enter a team in the championship and then giving walkover's.....just not good enough really

They did have the right to appeal, which they did, unfortunately they have no right to a play off as the Co Boards decision on their appeal showed, those rules are not applicable for a few years now - you can't change/invent rules as you go along, whether you deem it unlucky, unfortunate or whatever - the current rules of the GAA say that the Carberry Boards final adjudication of the group placings was correct. The Co Board ratified this and dismissed Barryroes appeal.

The issue is between Barryroe and the West Cork Board, no one else should suffer for someone else's mistake.

I can’t comment on if those rules are applicable as I’m not up to speed on them but based on that email titled “Rules and Regulations for Carberry Championship 2022” then you understand the reasoning.

This isn’t Barryroe’s mistake either? So why should their players be penalised? They are just going off what the Carberry board have said.

I’m in no way affiliated with Barryroe but I completely understand their grievances and would expect them to follow this all the way through. As you have said these rules have been changed and that will resolve it but fair play to Barryroe not backing down is the way I see it. Were told one thing and now being told a different

I’d agree with this, they should not have been allowed play the remaining games
It made no difference because the results of those games were not included so no one gained any advantage from it, in fact it looks like it was Argideen who were most vunerable on the last night's action because they were playing Bandon and could not improve/protect their points difference total while Barryroe and Caheragh had that opportunity, Caheragh took it, Barryroe didnt. Simple as.

The bottom line is all the clubs in the competition received the same email Barryroe did, is the scenario we are being asked to accept is that they were the only ones that could be involved in a potential tie not to see/realise/check/question the issue until afterwards?

I find that very difficult to believe tbh, but maybe that's just me...

Last edited:
Doesn't really matter about the email Carbery board sent, they didn't include the rule correctly so as such that email is null and void.
I doubt Barryroe will get anywhere as they're out under the correct rule

As mentioned above when it looked like a tie in group, club should have made themselves familiar with rules.
I mentioned earlier in the thread I found the correct rule in under 5 mins on Google

Doesn't really matter about the email Carbery board sent, they didn't include the rule correctly so as such that email is null and void.
I doubt Barryroe will get anywhere as they're out under the correct rule

As mentioned above when it looked like a tie in group, club should have made themselves familiar with rules.
I mentioned earlier in the thread I found the correct rule in under 5 mins on Google
This 👆

Large sentiment of disgruntlement about West Cork I hear, rumoured player after cutting his honeymoon short to be around this weekend to play in qfinal, this needs to nailed and put to bed fast, for the 3rd time!

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼