Cyclists

Yes actually, wouldn't have thought it was that obscure but here's a site full of stats

30-odd car accidents in Donegal last weekend alone had the Gardai pleading with motorists to cop on, I must have missed the cyclist pile ups everywhere

If you witness that amount of near misses then the chances are that you are the problem SoundY.. because it is not normal. I cycle during the day and drive in the afternoons, I dont see anything like the levels of near misses you do. Less flashing the lights and honking the horn and more concentration please

Good man, and the difference is that bad drivers kill people, bad cyclists will almost certainly hurt themselves worse than anyone else. For all of the whinging that goes on where are the stats that show that cyclists are mowing pedestrians down, or causing numerous cars to crash?

Motorists are bound by very strict regulation that is a consequence of the level of danger their vehicle presents - cyclists can get away with more intuitive behaviour.. deal with it instead of taking notes FFS

You link doesn't suggest motorists are the baddies in all of this honky, and given the video evidence of certain cyclists we've seen I'd have been surprised if it did ascribe all the "baddiness" to motorists.

The last near miss I had with a cyclist must be nearly two months ago with that c**t coming over Nano Nagle bridge. I'm on the road on a daily basis so it's not that I encounter a huge amount of these incidents, it's just that unlike some cyclists I keep my eyes open. :cool:

Yes bad drivers do kill people, and not just cyclists but pedestrians, cyclists, other motorists and indeed themselves. That doesn't mean they're not c**ts, but neither does it excuse cyclists for behaving badly.

Motorists are bound by very strict regulation that are known as The Rules of The Road. I know this will come as a surprise to a cyclist like you but Cyclists are also bound by The Rules of The Road no matter how much you or the other lycra-looneys think the ROTR doesn't really apply to them. Newsflash for ya fellah - the Rules of The Road DO apply to cyclists, even if they don't obey them.

The whole "we can get away with it" attitude is the very thing that makes cyclists think that they've some kind of invincibility on the roads. They don't, and you don't. Time you wised up to that fact before you get injured as a result of your "intuitive behaviour".

Government is currently planning for replacement of excise duties on petrol and diesel when we all move to electric cars. In my view an annual registration fee of €40 for the use of a bicycle in public would be a good idea. The cost of administration would probably only cost about €10 and the balance could be used to offset some of the loss of income from ICE powered vehicles.
I think there’s a national online consultation document somewhere.

Cameras are no longer infallible. Propeller heads, ignorant cunts, content generators and road rage enthusiasts can easily create deep fake videos on their computers and subsequently post them online.

I can’t wait for the first defence lawyer to ask one of the aforementioned ignorant cunts to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, the veracity of their particular set of digital data presented as a true and accurate representation of something that happened.

And if that wanker was in closer to the kerb, this incident would not have happened.

Have camera, will record and post on line.....that is that wankers story.

If i was the motorist I would be onto the Data Commissioner, he has recorded a conversation with that motorist and is he even aware that conversation was recorded and posted online?

Well his reg is clearly visible meaning he is identifable.

Had he kept in a small bit there was no incident there.

I'd say the cops and the court are plagued by this tosser. Its a fright to see resources tied up by this lunatic.

Another heavily edited video. Id like to hear what was actually said there in full. No contact made, John's road position wad terrible.

I'd tell him to kindly go f*ck himself.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sabrina Dinan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼