Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Shane Kingston gets some criticism. Yet, of the 6 starting forwards Shane
and Robbie were the only ones to finish the game. They both were the most effective
forwards, Robbie 3 points, Shane 1-2. Shane conjured up a brilliant goal that should
have been the platform for Cork to go on and win. Instead, we conceded 3 points
making the goal irrelevant, not Robbie's or Shane's fault. I think the guy deserves credit not criticism.

Couple things I’d love to see the GAA change
1) Referee on each side of the field
2) stop the clock when there is a stoppage. Player injured, 65, free. Clock resumes once action taken. Similar to Rugby.

Too much time wasting in games, refs asked to do far too much.

Thought the ref on Saturday was a calamity and not the first time with that fella. He’s not the reason we lost and I am not making excuses but he is a shocking ref and maybe if he had help his mistakes would be limited.
We’ve a long few months ahead of us and can’t see anyone laying a glove on Limerick. We have a talented pool coming through and a change of voice should help those players. Definitely would be targeting a new Goalkeeper for the new season, is he really the best in Cork?

and Robbie were the only ones to finish the game. They both were the most effective
forwards, Robbie 3 points, Shane 1-2. Shane conjured up a brilliant goal that should
making the goal irrelevant, not Robbie's or Shane's fault. I think the guy deserves credit not criticism.
Just think Kingston better coming off the bench when the game opens up. I'm not criticising him, he has huge role to play with Cork going forward. I think he can do serious damage in the last 20 mins with his speed and touch.

I must watch the game again, I thought he hit alot of wides. No? God knows he wasnt the only one.

All very well saying if we had taken our chances we'd have won. Anytime we came close to Galway they open the gap again. The only time we were level with them was before the ball was thrown in and the margin of the defeat like the Clare game was extremely flattering. Had Cork scored another 6 points I'd fancy Galway still to win. They had plenty of cuteness and managed the game out to the final puck. No team with a couple of half decent hurlers fear Cork at this stage. A big wake up call needed in terms of how far off the top table we are at this stage. When was the last time Cork dominated a game for 70 minutes and clinically closed out a game?

Sorry but I must have watched a different game to you. Cork left that after them. As someone said Galway scored 2 goals from 1 attempt where Cork scored 1 from 4. In any sport you need to be able to punish the opposition when they foul. We even hit the woodwork twice and lost by just a single point. The relief on Galway player's faces was there for all to see.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
I'm Grand Mam presents That's Showbiz
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

1st Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼