Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Full game up on YouTube now... Not that I think anyone wants to relive it again

Had another look at the last quarter or so. Galway went 4 points up in the 65th minute and didn't score again while our lads scored 3 in the remaining 11 minutes without ever threating to score a goal and wouldn't if they were there yet.

Shane Kingston gets some criticism. Yet, of the 6 starting forwards Shane
and Robbie were the only ones to finish the game. They both were the most effective
forwards, Robbie 3 points, Shane 1-2.
Shane conjured up a brilliant goal that should
have been the platform for Cork to go on and win. Instead, we conceded 3 points
making the goal irrelevant, not Robbie's or Shane's fault. I think the guy deserves credit not criticism.

Didn't Cadogan score three points from play in 7 minutes plus injury time that took Robbie 70 minutes plus injury time. Not sure how you make out that Robbie was the most effective forward tbh. And yes while Kingston took the goal very well, great pickup from a ruck of players, he was also wasteful on a couple of occasions. His complete hail-mary from out on the righthand touchline with better placed team-mates inside him in the closing minutes was as frustrating as it was utterly wasteful.

Had another look at the last quarter or so. Galway went 4 points up in the 65th minute and didn't score again while our lads scored 3 in the remaining 11 minutes without ever threating to score a goal and wouldn't if they were there yet.
Yet we created at least 3 gilt edge chances in the first half when Tim and Alan were there, madness taking them off

Ben O'Connor will be the next Full Back if he commits to Hurling. Went to Full back this year U20 when struggling at CB and was excellent. Centre of defence sorted for 10 years
When was Ben struggling at center back? He started on the wing, was extremely rusty but dominated when they put him center back

Ben isn’t related to a full back ffs

Sorry but I must have watched a different game to you. Cork left that after them. As someone said Galway scored 2 goals from 1 attempt where Cork scored 1 from 4. In any sport you need to be able to punish the opposition when they foul. We even hit the woodwork twice and lost by just a single point. The relief on Galway player's faces was there for all to see.

Do we need to get you an abacus?

All very well hitting the woodwork twice on both occasions our lads were second to react as for the standard of shooting for the 3 missed goal chances the less said about that the better as they were shocking. At no stage did we ever put it up to Galway.

Sorry but I must have watched a different game to you. Cork left that after them. As someone said Galway scored 2 goals from 1 attempt where Cork scored 1 from 4. In any sport you need to be able to punish the opposition when they foul. We even hit the woodwork twice and lost by just a single point. The relief on Galway player's faces was there for all to see.
I think it was bad decision making on the players end rather than poor striking.

They struck a couple of those efforts outside the 20m line and also had room to advance closer to goal.

90% of goals are scored inside the large square. Shooting outside the 20m line made a hero out of the Galway keeper who isn't the best imo but it gave him a much better chance.

Do we need to get you an abacus?

All very well hitting the woodwork twice on both occasions our lads were second to react as for the standard of shooting for the 3 missed goal chances the less said about that the better as they were shocking. At no stage did we ever put it up to Galway.
Come on now, our poor shooting and shoot selection lost this game. It happens, some days the ball just wont go over. Our workrate was crap vs Limerick and Clare. Our workrate vs Galway was good, I havnt seen stats but i'm confident we created way more scoring opportunities. Its wrong to say we didnt put it up to Galway.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Mike Rice: Nasty Character
The Roundy, Castle St.

1st Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

THE TAN JACKETS

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:50pm

More events ▼