Benny does it again.

Yeah you give Benny your insight on what a pub should look like.

Id say he's taking notes

🙄
I would say that he knows at this stage but he only has "X" amount of money to improve and maintain buildings in a city where the Council accepts high levels of dereliction and yet still expects to be paid high rates.

No murals though?
Some of the large public funded murals look great in the city on large blank gables.

Singers corner looks great still.

Well designed bespoke murals can look good but what is the rush?

Talk to artists and get some ideas as it could well be there for years otherwise you are just doing it for the sake of it.

A bit of civic pride from people would be great and the better a local authority and business owners maintain a city and property the more likely people respect their environment which then attracts trade.

The Council cleaning crews have a huge largely thankless task
Stacky my opinion is why should the council be responsible from debris from pubs and fast food outlets ,
They should enforce the rules on the businesses abs also give the punters ,swear to god it drives me crazy to see tourists walking around in the filth .the sea gulls can only do so much .

Stacky my opinion is why should the council be responsible from debris from pubs and fast food outlets ,
They should enforce the rules on the businesses abs also give the punters ,swear to god it drives me crazy to see tourists walking around in the filth .the sea gulls can only do so much .
The fast food outlets have a responsibility to clean up after themselves. The Grand Parade is destroyed most mornings with fast food waste packaging.

The Council cannot even enforce parking on their expensive paved streets never mind a twice daily tide of waste in our single use plastic disposable society.

The Council have huge plans for Tuckey St, Bishop Lucy Park and South Main St and we have a building propped up for years on Tuckey St.

Does the owner not have insurance to repair or can it stay like that forever?

It is easy to be negative as there are many positives about the city centre but at times you would wonder.

I’ll refer you to the mutton Lane mural ,that’s the level I roll at , I’m actuality compiling a book at the min “the art of the cork heritage pubs ,” We probably have the work of over 100 artists from sculpture to fine art ,the provenance ,composition and positions od the works is both a critique and celebration of all things Cork, Of course this book will be semi biographical as well wine pints abs cheese at the launch ,you are cordially invited ..

I’ll refer you to the mutton Lane mural ,that’s the level I roll at , I’m actuality compiling a book at the min “the art of the cork heritage pubs ,” We probably have the work of over 100 artists from sculpture to fine art ,the provenance ,composition and positions od the works is both a critique and celebration of all things Cork, Of course this book will be semi biographical as well wine pints abs cheese at the launch ,you are cordially invited ..
I was trying to look at that mural again last Friday night but a gang of German tourists were blocking my view.

Have they no consideration at all at all?

I was trying to look at that mural again last Friday night but a gang of German tourists were blocking my view.

Have they no consideration at all at all?
Desperate carry on ,
Anthony Ruby dis a great job rhere and to this day the guy with the white coat and the half a cow on his shoulder in the mural still walks past every day .surreal .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Mike Rice: Nasty Character
The Roundy, Castle St.

31st May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼