Minor Hurling 2022

All you are demonstrating here is that you really don't know anything about what's going on in Clare.

The county executive held interviews for the clare job on a Sunday evening with lohan and mulqueen

They told lohan on Monday morning he was not getting the job

The clubs were called to a meeting for that Wednesday I think it was

The clubs then forced the county board to re open the process

After that Louis Mulqueen withdrew leaving only one candidate.

Despite that executives rang people to ask them to apply for it.

That's what happened
I get it you have an issue with your county board, sad to see, enjoy the victory, Davy back next year as director of hurling to top it off

Is it right to be changing Minor manager every year? Would a 2-3 year term be the way to go?

Also there are alot of ex Cork players getting jobs as Cork selectors with not alot of management experience.
Donal Og got the minor job in 2020 based on what? And gone back to punditry.

2020 Donal Og - 2021 Furlong - 2022 Murray - 2023 Kieran Murphy??

Is it right to be changing Minor manager every year? Would a 2-3 year term be the way to go?

Also there are alot of ex Cork players getting jobs as Cork selectors with not alot of management experience.
Donal Og got the minor job in 2020 based on what? And gone back to punditry.

2020 Donal Og - 2021 Furlong - 2022 Murray - 2023 Kieran Murphy??
Well Denis ring is already in a job so we’ll lol have to soldier on with the new coaches kid

It seems like you can write off Cusack & Murray.
Furlong doesn't seem to be enhancing his reputation with the seniors.
I know hindsight is great but maybe it would have been better to let Furlong with the minors for another years or 2.
But that's not Cork's new management structure and this is what the men in the top jobs think.
Who am I to dictate....

Why are we harping on about Denis Ring, Donal Og Cusack and Noel Furlong? They are yesterdays men when it comes to the minors.

People quick to call Murray a dictator after the loss. Thats an easy thing to do. I didnt see many calling him a dictator when he was with the camogie. They didn't look too disinterested after winning 4 AIs..

The hurling on the ditch supporters are very fickle.

It seems like you can write off Cusack & Murray.
Furlong doesn't seem to be enhancing his reputation with the seniors.
I know hindsight is great but maybe it would have been better to let Furlong with the minors for another years or 2.
But that's not Cork's new management structure and this is what the men in the top jobs think.
Who am I to dictate....
To be fair Furlong was the first minor manager chosen under the new system, he was with the 2021 minors since u14 and there is merit in having continuity up to minor. It’s not like next years minor manager (Fraggie) doesn’t know the players at his disposal as he is with that group for the last few years.

The real issue is in the picking of the u14 manager each year as he will in all probability be the minor manager 3 years later. We have to start producing hurlers who have skill and speed but also have a big workrate and a ball winning ability and the only way to do that is pick the right manager who will ensure that happens

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

The Off Beats

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼