Cork Footballers

If the alternative is someone who is powerful but has no eye for a pass or doesn’t have the skill to pull off a good pass then I’m not sure I want that.

Connolly is a more than useful player to have on the panel. He won’t be required every game but I’m sick of looking at big lads running around and going backwards with handpasses.

I'm feeling this...

If the alternative is someone who is powerful but has no eye for a pass or doesn’t have the skill to pull off a good pass then I’m not sure I want that.

Connolly is a more than useful player to have on the panel. He won’t be required every game but I’m sick of looking at big lads running around and going backwards with handpasses.
All forwards should be able to kick a ball it’s a joke that there is still players out there in the forward line who can’t. O’Donovan and O’Callaghan both in the forward line on Saturday was a joke. O’Donovan is a brilliant player but not as a forward he is a wing back

Yes it probably was first outing in a while after being knocked out early with Nemo. That one spectacular pass is what makes the difference in games though
You don’t get extra points for aesthetics unfortunately. Every second pass or shot with Connolly is a Hail Mary. That kind of wastefulness is a killer at inter county level.

He’d be eaten alive in a serious set-up. Look at Gavin’s Dublin, the benchmark for all football teams, playing the percentages was the name of the game, you didn’t shoot unless you knew you could score, you didn’t pass unless you knew it would be completed. B Brogan talked before about Davy Byrne getting torn to shreds in a video session because he took a speculative shot ONCE in a game. Connolly does that kind of thing a couple of times every game.

He wouldn’t last a week in an elite team. If Ricken ever manages to get this team challenging at the top table again, I can guarantee you one thing, Luke Connolly won’t be there. Guys like that don’t exist in that stratosphere.

Connolly is a luxury cork can’t afford was woefully Sunday and against Kerry in the championship last year.

Gives the ball away too much.

You might carry him in a strong team but not the current cork team

All forwards should be able to kick a ball it’s a joke that there is still players out there in the forward line who can’t. O’Donovan and O’Callaghan both in the forward line on Saturday was a joke. O’Donovan is a brilliant player but not as a forward he is a wing back
If McCarthy played a back as wing forward... The uproar there would be.

Connolly is the most talented footballer in Cork by a mile. His work rate isn’t huge but isn’t as bad as being said here. He can produce things that nobody else can, even Brian Hurley is more of a barrel through tackles type player. Giving Connolly a platform and cutting out his small stupid mistakes should be priorities, Cork are not in a position to cast him to the side. Same people here calling for him to be chopped from the panel are also calling for luxury players like Dineen and Òg Jones to be given a chance.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Gilbert Steele

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼