Woman murdered in Tullamore..

Is misogyny not a bit strong for what might be perceived as bad behaviour.

Whatever reasons men might have, getting a laugh, to annoy the woman in question, etc for catcalling or what have you I don't think hating/disliking women is one of them for most men. If your man or anyone else wants a solution perhaps they should call it simply bad behaviour and explain women find it uncomfortable (in fairness you are going down this path) rather than going all hyperbolic with such terms as misogyny which leaves him with credibility issues and open to ridicule.
That’s like saying it’s ok to call a stranger walking down the street who is black the n word. That’s just banter.

But if you’re working for Bus Eireann and refuse to let him on because he’s black, that’s racism,

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

Empathy.

There's some walk down the Marina live on Cork Beo.
Insane amount of people

The Ballyfermot guy isn't a good analogy. cause he was definitely involved in crime but any innocent male murdered would not get this sort of attention, nothing near it.
And 9 out of every 10 people murdered in Ireland are men so it looks like the real "pandemic" of violence in this country is against men.

I remember watching the LLS years ago, Robbie williams was on, While singing he went into the audience where a girl
grabbed him and sat him on her knee , The audience clapped and cheered, Imagine it was Una Healy and a bloke grabbed her
and put her on his knee.
I wonder if the fact that female rape of men is far rarer than male rape of females or males has anything to do with that?

People dont see it as dangerous, 8n the way that they might for a woman.

Not to excuse it.

There's some walk down the Marina live on Cork Beo.
Insane amount of people

The Ballyfermot guy isn't a good analogy. cause he was definitely involved in crime but any innocent male murdered would not get this sort of attention, nothing near it.
And 9 out of every 10 people murdered in Ireland are men so it looks like the real "pandemic" of violence in this country is against men.

That is an assumption. The guards said he wasn’t “known to them.”

Which is shorthand for “he wasn’t involved in crime.”

You have the usual bullshit hysteria here stoked by the Irish media. Caught Radio1's catchup of the week there over brekko. An absolute pile of balls.

Some talking head spouting the usual gibberish. Head off to Afghanistan there and tell us how Irish women are suffering a pandemic of violence.

That orgy of misery last night on the Late Late was shameful. Exploitative television catering to a tiny subset of curtain twitchers who get off on the voyeuristic element of this.
I did find yesterday's Late Late a bit wearing talking about how women were treated like chattel slavery, if some people forget that men and women fought for equal rights in this country and one of the biggest faults this state has is homelessness which is not a gender issue.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Cripple of Inishmaan

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼