Woman murdered in Tullamore..

-Ballyraggett GAA
-Ulster Rugby
-Dr Barry
+ too many more to mention

The all male fee paying private schools in town are privileged prick factories as well so it’s not just the traditional “scumbags” that are to blame.
How on earth is Ballyragget comparable in anyway to what happened Aisling Murphy?
That was a paid female stripper hired by bunch of lads on a GAA team. Do women not also hire male strippers all the time, on hen partys and the like?
Anyway, you're gone away off a on a tangent. This stuff is not comparable or related to what happened Aisling Murphy.

It was in relation to the previous poster saying that it was scumbag rearing that causes poor male attitude towards women. As a scumbag myself I took that personally. Yerra, the Twitterati would all suggest that that sort of objectification of women propagates misogyny so who are we to argue eh?

But this stuff happens to men aswell. Men get jumped-on in town aswell by the same type of mindless scum. Men need to also watch their backs walking through town at night. The difference is we can better defend ourselves if/when it does happen.
The justice system needs to get tougher. This is what is letting us down badly. 95% of men, and women, are decent hardworking people. But theres a growing minority of men, and women, out there who contribute nothing to society. Only leeching on society and bringing violence, drugs, crime, etc, etc into our world. Our gaurds need to start getting tough on these men, and women, and judges need to start locking them up.
These are the problem, the actual instigators of all this crime, abuse and violence. Not me (a man) just going about his day to day business as honestly as he can.
I actually find this 'all men need to take responsibility' argument totally disrespectful to Aisling Murphy and other women and men like her. They deserve better, they deserve a more honest and accurate assessment of what are the issues and causes of this kind of thing, to avoid similar happening to others in future. "ALL men need to change" totally deflects from the real cause behind this. Which right now, we are still in the dark about.
Great post. 👍

Reminds me of an incident my wife had, she was up the country for a Hen. 2am usual scene of getting chips and heading home. Some fella tried chatting her up and she wasn’t having it, he then tried chatting up her friend only for the missus to tell him to fuck off. He went into full on rage, calling her every name under the sun. His friends to be fair, took him away immediately and apologised.
2 mins later he comes back, punches the window, and spits on the window telling her he’s going to knock her out. Thankfully some other lads in there grabbed him up before his friends came back.

She was pretty shook after it, especially when she thought about what would have happened if it was on the street, the anger descended on him almost instantly.

That guy sounds like he has serious issues. May be drink related, maybe not.

I remember once I was at a teenage disco. I was about 15. Think it was junior con. Anyway I didn't have much luck at these things with the ladies.
So once I was was walking back from the jacks and two girls approached me and asked me would I dance with their friend. I thought my ship had finally come in.
So I go over and it turned out it was just a big joke. They all started laughing at me and said "as if I'd go near you" etc. This was completely unwarranted because I was minding my own business at this disco and wasn't going around hassling girls or anything like that.
You could imagine how I felt at the time and it's something that has stuck with me to this day.
You see, girls can be evil nasty cunts also.

I remember watching the LLS years ago, Robbie williams was on, While singing he went into the audience where a girl
grabbed him and sat him on her knee , The audience clapped and cheered, Imagine it was Una Healy and a bloke grabbed her
and put her on his knee.

But this stuff happens to men aswell. Men get jumped-on in town aswell by the same type of mindless scum. Men need to also watch their backs walking through town at night. The difference is we can better defend ourselves if/when it does happen.
The justice system needs to get tougher. This is what is letting us down badly. 95% of men, and women, are decent hardworking people. But theres a growing minority of men, and women, out there who contribute nothing to society. Only leeching on society and bringing violence, drugs, crime, etc, etc into our world. Our gaurds need to start getting tough on these men, and women, and judges need to start locking them up.
These are the problem, the actual instigators of all this crime, abuse and violence. Not me (a man) just going about his day to day business as honestly as he can.
I actually find this 'all men need to take responsibility' argument totally disrespectful to Aisling Murphy and other women and men like her. They deserve better, they deserve a more honest and accurate assessment of what are the issues and causes of this kind of thing, to avoid similar happening to others in future. "ALL men need to change" totally deflects from the real cause behind this. Which right now, we are still in the dark about.
Our Guards need to get tough.

Sorry the liberals have well and truly stopped that from ever happening

As regards our justice system.

Sorry again, turkeys do not vote for Christmas, the legal business is doing quite well as things are currently and they will not be changing that any time soon.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼