Woman murdered in Tullamore..

There's some walk down the Marina live on Cork Beo.
Insane amount of people

The Ballyfermot guy isn't a good analogy. cause he was definitely involved in crime but any innocent male murdered would not get this sort of attention, nothing near it.
And 9 out of every 10 people murdered in Ireland are men so it looks like the real "pandemic" of violence in this country is against men.
Everyone wants to be part of something now, next month they will find another stick to beat men with.
It was a horrific thing to happen, as are all murders, but don't paint us all with the same brush.

Id say some people are scanning twitter to find the tweets they find most annoying, I admit i spent a bit of time
last night doing so but what is the point? People are going to say what they like, Some genuine but many others
looking for likes
, I intend getting as much fresh air as i can this weekend, The running club im a member of a doing a walk today at 4pm
in memory of aisling, I will probably go but will also think of all other murder victims,
Fair play jimmy

This is the thing, Twitter has a narrow subsection of white knights who only do it for likes, purely me féiners, just doesn’t sit well.

I did find yesterday's Late Late a bit wearing talking about how women were treated like chattel slavery, if some people forget that men and women fought for equal rights in this country and one of the biggest faults this state has is homelessness which is not a gender issue.

Referencing a remark from a judge 5 decades ago was really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

That segment was comical really. Your wan dashing off to sing her song at the end was like something off of Partridge.

Tubridy seems to have just given up completely on getting decent guests. His production meetings must be 50% how they can work in whatever bad news story is circulating that week.

Ok is it me or is everyone essentially conflating two different issues/problems?

1. The Fact there was a murder of an innocent person
2. The Fact that women in general do not feel the same levels of safety/security as men .

Is that a fair and true statement ?

Ok to try and get on the road to a solution

1.Not all men murder women obviously, so holding all men accountable for a rare/freak event isnt going to be part of the solution.

2. Yes all men can be part of the solution here, all men can do a part of making society safer for women.

Ok is it me or is everyone essentially conflating two different issues/problems?

2. The Fact that women in general do not feel the same levels of safety/security as men .

1.Not all men murder women obviously, so holding all men accountable for a rare/freak event isnt going to be part of the solution.

2. Yes all men can be part of the solution here, all men can do a part of making society safer for women.

Short of driving around the place as part of some sort of vigilante group or dressing up as a woman jogger in some sort of a sting operation I simply can’t see what the average man is supposed to do?

Those are empty words.

If the strong rumours are true about the origins of the supposed suspect then how is that something that I can affect? The culture towards women in the countries represented in direct provision is Stone Age shit compared to the western society we live in.

On the first part, I dont think you can treat 1 and 2 as entirely separate issues.

On the second part, All men are not being held accountable for murdering women, they are being held accountable to not add to the sense of fear that women feel by their behaviour and they are being held accountable to call out that behaviour in other men when they see it.

Short of driving around the place as part of some sort of vigilante group or dressing up as a woman jogger in some sort of a sting operation I simply can’t see what the average man is supposed to do?

Those are empty words.

If the strong rumours are true about the origins of the supposed suspect then how is that something that I can affect? The culture towards women in the countries represented in direct provision is Stone Age shit compared to the western society we live in.
The average man can not act like an asshole towards women and they can stop others from acting like assholes to women. In the example I posted last night about my experience on Barrack street, the assholes friend was a perfect example of what men can do. He stopped his friend from being a danger to me and he gave him the message that that behaviour was not ok.

As for the strong rumours, the same strong rumours were demanding that all Romanians be deported the other day...

Fucking hell.

This country is gone ridiculous

Even here page 88 into a thread of a granted poor misfortunate girl who seems to have been innocently murdered up the country, the crowd are all saying a man did it and that all men are like that.

Fuck off on that logic anyway because it is bullshit.

Only 2 weeks ago here in Cork we had a woman convincted of murdering her brother there on Bandon Road.

This did not happen here in Cork FFS and does anyone here know the unfortunate girl or her family ? Yet we are on page 88, FFS like.

Is it slow fucking news season or what like ?

Then morons going out last night, in sympathy,grow the fuck up people and put some perspective into your lives for fuck sake.

Yes a terrible tragedy for the poor girl and her family but cop the fuck on with all the bullshit

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Dance (12A) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼