RTE: Radio, Telefis, Empty pockets

Pray tell me, how did you get to 96% of the population?

FWIW about the same number of people tuned in as watched the AI camogie final. By some people's logic, it isn't in the public interest or value-for-money to send a couple of vans up the road to Croke Park to cover that one either.

Look: the state funded broadcaster
Pray tell me, how did you get to 96% of the population?

FWIW about the same number of people tuned in as watched the AI camogie final. By some people's logic, it isn't in the public interest or value-for-money to send a couple of vans up the road to Croke Park to cover that one either.

Popukation of the country is 5 million

Do the maths. Alternatively stay on planet RTE and gorge yourself on their “news releases.”

Best of luck.

^^ mea culpa. I forget we’re now at 5m.

It’s a hopeless analogy though. It’s like saying 80% of the country didn’t watch the most watched sports event of the year (AI final).

^^ mea culpa. I forget we’re now at 5m.

It’s a hopeless analogy though. It’s like saying 80% of the country didn’t watch the most watched sports event of the year (AI final).
See, saying “the most watched event on RTÉ is like driving to Cork from Dublin in a Hyundai: sure, you get there in the end, but you’re still in a Hyundai.

All of RTÉ Radio 1’s weekday shows have suffered a significant drop in its audience in the latest listenership figures, along with its sister station of 2fm.

Today’s figures released under the Joint National Listenership Research (JNLR’s) have revealed that all of RTE’s flagship programmes are down on the latest book released in November 2020.

The only exceptions in the RTÉ stable of shows is Miriam O’Callaghan’s hour-long slot on a Sunday morning, which is up 4,000 listeners to 322,000, and Jenny Greene grew her 2fm audience by 9,000.

The losses in the national broadcaster appear to have been made at the gain of the independent stations with Bauer Media’s Newstalk recording an all-time high of the national prime-time market share of 7.1pc.

The champagne corks are also popping in Today FM after it recorded a market share of almost 9pc. This is a seven-year high for the station.

Darcy is shite. Should be put out to pasture. Another rubbish lifer.

Just scrap 2fm. Its appalling.

Newstalk fast becoming Ireland's GB News - that Shane and Ciara duo ............. last week Ciara said Kids were safe from Covid. I mean ffs.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

18th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Please! Club Night

The Pavilion, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼