Sir Henry's - The Myths

Afaik city council own the site and the plan is to extend the city library into it at some point in the next 3-4 decades. The council definitely own the back of Deep South where the beer garden is, if not the whole building.
Am pretty sure the plan WAS, to level the GPH and create a pedestrian walk through to the, ahem, Event Centre. Sounded a decent enough plan when I heard it

🤔
I wasn't a drugs person.

I wasn't a drugs person either and was only in Henry's a handful of times. My younger brother used be a regular in there - he was majorly into new bands and live music as well as an occasional joint - though he was never prosecuted. He'd be in Henrys while I'd be down the Arc.

I do recall seeing a band in Henry's called (I think) The Mad Dancing B*sta*ds From Hell in there. Place was full of sweating people "dancing" like dervishes.

I wasn't a drugs person either and was only in Henry's a handful of times. My younger brother used be a regular in there - he was majorly into new bands and live music as well as an occasional joint - though he was never prosecuted. He'd be in Henrys while I'd be down the Arc.

I do recall seeing a band in Henry's called (I think) The Mad Dancing B*sta*ds From Hell in there. Place was full of sweating people "dancing" like dervishes.
Sean O'Neill and Jim Comet were in that band, I think.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

19th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Café And Wine Bar, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼