Messi walks out on his country

So let me get this straight, maybe it's just me, but does Leo get the credit for Argentina getting to the last two major finals and the AFA the blame for losing in ET to Zee Chermans and on spotters to Chile?

Can't figure that one out.

I took dogs abuse here for saying there were question marks over Messi's international record and now he pulls the curtains down on it at age 29 after missing in a shoot-out at the Copa final I'm apparently not allowed bring it up.

#YCNMIU

I never said you could not bring it up btw. I am always one up for a debate. I was just pointing out there was a lot of shit going on in behind the scenes that only came to light over the weekend.

We dont know how lucky we are to have a top administrator like John Delaney looking after us.

Great player tbf, but on the international scene you'd have to put the likes of Christy, Rooney, Ozil, and Robbie Keane(just to name a few) ahead of him. He can do it when the wages are paid and the taxes are dodged but when it comes to a bit of pride for his country he's found wanting. Time and again. Awful to see if I'm honest.

Great player tbf, but on the international scene you'd have to put the likes of Christy, Rooney, Ozil, and Robbie Keane(just to name a few) ahead of him. He can do it when the wages are paid and the taxes are dodged but when it comes to a bit of pride for his country he's found wanting. Time and again. Awful to see if I'm honest.

Top goalscorer for his country. No mean feat considering the players that have donned the Argentinian jersey in the past.

For Argentina to get this far was admirable.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Brazil have the worst side they've ever produced, no surprises they are going through a lean period. Not even getting into scandals, which is an everyday occurrence in South America, and each country you could name a major crises in each.

Argentina should be utterly dominant with their squad but every time they come up against a half decent side in Chile they've had no answers.

I'd imagine they would have been favourites for every Copa America since 2007 and what has he delivered?
Nada.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Brazil have the worst side they've ever produced, no surprises they are going through a lean period. Not even getting into scandals, which is an everyday occurrence in South America, and each country you could name a major crises in each.

Argentina should be utterly dominant with their squad but every time they come up against a half decent side in Chile they've had no answers.

I'd imagine they would have been favourites for every Copa America since 2007 and what has he delivered?
Nada.

It is not up to him to deliver. He has a team as well. Same as it is not up to Ronnie to deliver for Portugal. It is a team sport. Yes they should stand out but they cannot do it all by themselves. Even Maradona needed a damn good supporting cast.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Big Daddy Can

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:30pm

More events ▼