Graham Geraghty

Geraghty is a class player, the very sight of him gets the Dubs rattled

He is but he should still get punished like other players have (most notably those in Thurles last week).

Lets hope now he scores about 2-5 to knock the Dubs of of Leinster and we'll see how the media react to the fact he could play.

So what's going to happen when fellas are now waiting for the throw in and start getting over exhuberant with the shouders and whacking hurleys, its happens quite a bit, before the whistle is blown and the ref ends up having to separate them from each other.

What's the difference between this and what happened in thurles?

Fair play to Liam Dunne on Sunday for pointing out the carry on of Ciaran Whelan over the last few years. First time I've ever heard of him being singled out.

if dublin had won that match, there wouldnt be so much uproar about it

dublin are using their excuses early:D

To be fair to the dubs they are saying very little about it & I think most of us Cork supporters feel they have every right to complain about Geraghty being available for the replay.

One thing I've been thinking about since I read the Examiner this morning was that if the ref saw both incidents when Geraghty appeared to throw a punch and awarded frees for them is that the ref had an absolute stinker of a game and considering that Michael Collins suffered for sending Peter Canavan off by not getting top class games since, should a similar rate fall upon the ref who took charge last sunday?

Fair play to Liam Dunne on Sunday for pointing out the carry on of Ciaran Whelan over the last few years. First time I've ever heard of him being singled out.
I missed that. did he mention the Westmeath - dublin match where Whelan should have been sent off in the first 5 seconds for punching a westmeath footballer in the facee right in front of the ref...who gave a free to westmeath but neglected to even note Whelan's number.
GAA refs, to be fair, are a complete and utter joke. No more so than when reffing tight games where they award nothing frees to the team behind to try and get a draw then blow up after minimal injury time if the scores are level. it's absolutely brazen.

To be fair to the dubs they are saying very little about it & I think most of us Cork supporters feel they have every right to complain about Geraghty being available for the replay.
I disagree. Cork supporters above all others should remain schtum after what happened with Lynch last year.

I disagree. Cork supporters above all others should remain schtum after what happened with Lynch last year.

Thats true but since then the GAA have appointed the CCC to deal with cases like that. To say Geraghty gets away with 2 punches because the ref awarded frees on both occasions is either a flaw in the ruling (which I believe it to be) or downright poor ref-ing for missing the intent.

Thats true but since then the GAA have appointed the CCC to deal with cases like that. To say Geraghty gets away with 2 punches because the ref awarded frees on both occasions is either a flaw in the ruling (which I believe it to be) or downright poor ref-ing for missing the intent.
Oh, i totally agree with that. It's typical Gaa admin fuckwittery, though.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Local Groove Records

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼