Election?

Sou
Soundman rushes out to remove the SF poster,
And he nearly dislocated his new hip putting it up last night, still it gave him a chance to wear his balaclava and prance around in the night furtively like in the old times on I.R.A. practice maneuvers in North Cork (Providing warm tea, sandwiches and tales of old skirmishes to volunteers)............

The Derek Blighe election leaflet through the post (No expense spared, so thank you right-wing nutters across the Anglo-sphere).

• We will be self-sufficient in food and fish so dig for victory and fish.
  • No more climate friendly policies and we will develop all our non-existent natural resources instead.
  • Neutrality-we will not be in any alliance ever for anything as a defenseless vulnerable State.
  • The entire Govt and opposition as well as all the media are wrong.
  • Traditional values only, smaller Govt and less tax and all new policies with an "Ireland First" (Gestapo H.Q. Fermoy) stamp of approval.
  • Anti-E.U. but please do elect me to the E.U. Parliament
  • If you cannot trace your pure Irish family lineage back to pre-famine times you are focked especially E.U. citizens who remain here after 90 days.
  • Everybody else just "Get out"-for Ireland and against everyone else. (Ireland Fer Da Oirish)
  • Just go away.
  • Right now, if possible.
  • Not welcome, please leave.
  • Ireland is full.
  • Why are you still even here?
  • Sieg Heil.

Fine Gael has plastered my local area with posters overnight. Sinn Fein and Soc Dems have put up a solitary poster each as they both know that there are very few votes for them here. Fianna Fail will now try to outdo Fine Gael and plaster even more posters around the place. I will be voting for the candidate with no posters.

As I said previously you'd be very unpleasantly surprised to learn the neighbourhoods where SF get votes.

And there's further bad news for you and Otto Statty. Shane O'Callaghan, while dispensing with an actual blue shirt, has opted for a white one but with a blue tie. His posters are festooned all over what Otto dubs "sink hole estates" like Pearse Road and Noonan Road.

Methinks even Blueboy Shane recognises the fact that voters come from all demographics and a vote from Noonan Road or Pearse Road is every bit as valuable as one from Douglas Road or Grange Road and as such pretty much everywhere within an LEA is worth canvassing, leafletting, and/or postering (unless it's been agreed between parties/candidates not to)

You and Otto clearly don't know a lot about elections to have thought otherwise

And there's further bad news for you and Otto Statty. Shane O'Callaghan, while dispensing with an actual blue shirt, has opted for a white one but with a blue tie. His posters are festooned all over what Otto dubs "sink hole estates" like Pearse Road and Noonan Road.

Methinks even Blueboy Shane recognises the fact that voters come from all demographics and a vote from Noonan Road or Pearse Road is every bit as valuable as one from Douglas Road or Grange Road and as such pretty much everywhere within an LEA is worth canvassing, leafletting, and/or postering (unless it's been agreed between parties/candidates not to)
Why have S.F. and Sco.Dems put up only a single poster each then?

Shane also has the cash to target the social climbers and curtain twitchers in Pearse Road and Noonan Road etc who put their address down as "The Lough" or those in the Pinecroft Estate.

He will not be getting my vote as the posters are everywhere-likewise any other candidate who litters the place.

Your current obsession with "Blue Shirts" is just weird.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Danny Dineen

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼