Election?

The amount of election posters etc. is fairly disgusting. As pointed out earlier, with the ubiquity of social media, these eyesores should be unnecessary.

There should be a limit on the amount of electoral material each candidate is allowed to produce/distribute.

Paudie Dineen has some sort of campaign poster on every single allowable fixuture down the Lough Road. This is not hyperbole. It is quite remarkable. Take a look the next time you're going to Bartie's.

Ditto yer wan, Anna Daly, from those headbangers - Aontú. Pretty much every lamp post on the link road has her face on it. Probably the only pole that she's willing to get up on anyway.

"But... but... What about the eldery and the slovenly who can't use the internet for anything besides booking cheap sun holidays and buying counterfeit Nike runners, Crispy?" I hear some of you ask. Hello, by the way - I'm grand, thanks - since you didn't enquire before going straight into your coffin-dodger/work shy rhetoric.

Pensioners/the lazy will vote for FF or FG - if on the Northside then FF/FG/Tommuss Gulde. No amount of posters will change this.

The amount of election posters etc. is fairly disgusting. As pointed out earlier, with the ubiquity of social media, these eyesores should be unnecessary.

There should be a limit on the amount of electoral material each candidate is allowed to produce/distribute.

Paudie Dineen has some sort of campaign poster on every single allowable fixuture down the Lough Road. This is not hyperbole. It is quite remarkable. Take a look the next time you're going to Bartie's.

Ditto yer wan, Anna Daly, from those headbangers - Aontú. Pretty much every lamp post on the link road has her face on it. Probably the only pole that she's willing to get up on anyway.

"But... but... What about the eldery and the slovenly who can't use the internet for anything besides booking cheap sun holidays and buying counterfeit Nike runners, Crispy?" I hear some of you ask. Hello, by the way - I'm grand, thanks - since you didn't enquire before going straight into your coffin-dodger/work shy rhetoric.

Pensioners/the lazy will vote for FF or FG - if on the Northside then FF/FG/Tommuss Gulde. No amount of posters will change this.
Great post and all jokes aside those posters are a blight ( not blighe) on areas,

I note that Dan Boyle has taken off the glasses in an attempt to score the bookish librarian in a Hollywood film "Oh my, you're beautiful!" effect.

Unfortunately whoever designed the poster has removed the background and made the image so dark that Dan looks like something from the Brass Eye special.
I agree Dan Boyle posted is bad. His face is not centrered which is really the fault of the photographer.

Shane o callaghan has not even the hint of a smile and it appears the photo was taken when he was tired. His eyes are blood shot which is a sign of tiredness or an eye infection . Hopefully it is not the letter.

Sean MARTIN photo is natural and is ok.

Paudie Dineens is ok.

Aontus Anna Twomey looks very surprised for some reason.

Paul Gavan is the dead spit of Mick Nugent.
I would not be suprised if the are related.

giphy.gif

Probably blow inns.
Maybe his grandad come in with the Tans or Auxiliieries and married locally. ?
Worse then that.
Celtic in origin, the name Cocking came from the rugged landscape of Wales. The name's origins go back to a time when the Cocking family lived in the parish of Cogan, which is in the diocese of Llandaff in the county of Glamorgan. The name literally means "a cup or bowl" and probably meant "dweller in a bowl-shaped valley."

Worse then that.
Celtic in origin, the name Cocking came from the rugged landscape of Wales. The name's origins go back to a time when the Cocking family lived in the parish of Cogan, which is in the diocese of Llandaff in the county of Glamorgan. The name literally means "a cup or bowl" and probably meant "dweller in a bowl-shaped valley."
Very interesting. Well researched.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
JJ Walsh's, 64 Oliver Plunkett St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼