Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I hear you and don’t disagree but would like to see a list of potential people to take over from Pat before calling for his head.

There is nobody obvious in Cork to take over and I can’t see them going outside the county although they should certainly consider it, A fresh set of eyes with no allegiances in Cork might be just what this group needs.

I hope they beat Limerick and go on to qualify but if not I think Ryan is cooked, 2 years not getting out of Munster is unacceptable
Is it unacceptable for Cork to fail to get out of munster two years running or do people just have to accept there
is nothing really between Ourselves, Waterford , Tipp , and it could go either way,

Been saying this since the Waterford game and fellas were still backing him.

Meyler a Munster Title and All - Ireland Semi, Kingston Munster Title and All Ireland Final are their highest achievements.
Pat Ryan 1 win in 6.
People are giving excuses and saying Munster is more competitive and so on, PR is picking more or less the same 10 that played under JM and KK.
JM and KK got performances out of these players.

Unless Pat Ryan wins Munster (impossible) or gets to All-Ireland final (it's possible if we win the next 2 games) his position next year is untenable in my opinion.

There's fellas with their heads in the sand.

As injuries have been highlighted only 2 have been unlucky.
The rest you'd have to question on S&C and training in general.
Rumours are rife and fellas are saying you can't believe the rumours.
I agree you cannot believe all the rumours but when one of the rumours relate to unhappiness in camp with regards training and we see what's happening it's hard not to believe there's an element of truth to them.
In any sport or code 1 rumour is turns out to always be true as the truth always comes out in the end.

Also in KK and JM camp there was never any rumours of unhappiness or a high rate of injuries.
Were some players pissed off not to start under both? Absolutely but that never became public or journalists reporters talked about.

After KK 2nd time there was plenty of articles and truth come out from Hoggie and the The Rock to name the biggest examples and they gave an insight to some of the issues, most of the issues did not relate to Kingston.
You would imagine PR would have sorted some of these issues but unfortunately he did not by the looks of it.

This is all correct but I don’t think any realist here is still saying give him another year, it has been a disastrous 2 years for a myriad of reasons you have listed. The only people backing him here are a few dreamers with the usual nonsense of who else or a club man of his who goes in on individual players to deflect from the management of this squad which has been brutal.
On top of everything you have highlighted what also comes to pass is the complete waste and misuse of the league; we are now in the middle of championship on the fly selecting teams with a host of players discarded for reasons unknown

This place is a hive of negativity, there was a feeble attempt at rallying the troops about 20 pages back, it lasted about 4 posts 😅
A sizeable majority who post here have little if any real faith in players or management.
That's their perogative.

You just got to rely on what you think yourself.

Personally I think our main challenges will be:
2. the Limerick defence, and how they handle Connolly, Hoggie, Fitzgibbon and Barrett. Need those lads to be 100% at it from the off.
2. how Downey 3, Downey 6 and Ethan Twomey perform
3. keeping 15 on the pitch
4. limiting the number of points gifted from puck-outs, turnovers and long range frees
5. slowing down any potential run of scores from Limerick

A lot of the above is within our control, if the lads really believe in themselves and ratchet up the levels of intensity from the Clare game I think we can beat Limerick.

Crowd really need to bring the kind of noise and support that we’ve yet to witness in the Pairc.
Do one if you're a moaning and a whinging when a puck out or a pass goes astray!
There will be mistakes- get over it 😀

Support needs to bigger and louder than v Clare this year and Tipp last year, in reality that's all we can do, plus, it's good for ya
Of course its negative, we have huge issues, particularly in the selected wing back line and midfield.
Our 2 wing backs TOM and Coleman are not defenders, hurlers yes but not defenders.

Fitz is amazing with ball in hand running forward but dosnt do the midfield fundamentals so its a huge ask on E Twomey to anchor midfield with hooks, blocks, turnovers, workrate. Its too much to ask IMO.

This leads to conceding high scores with perfect ball into the Limerick full forward line and people question why our full back line look in trouble.

All your talk of loud crowd noise and support does help, yes, but it dosn't change the above issues hence the understandable negativity post team announcement.

Of course its negative, we have huge issues, particularly in the selected wing back line and midfield.
Our 2 wing backs TOM and Coleman are not defenders, hurlers yes but not defenders.

Fitz is amazing with ball in hand running forward but dosnt do the midfield fundamentals so its a huge ask on E Twomey to anchor midfield with hooks, blocks, turnovers, workrate. Its too much to ask IMO.

This leads to conceding high scores with perfect ball into the Limerick full forward line and people question why our full back line look in trouble.

All your talk of loud crowd noise and support does help, yes, but it dosn't change the above issues hence the understandable negativity post team announcement.
Mate, like I said it's your perogative to be negative, to be angry whatever.

There will be plenty and there are plenty who don't share your negativity right now.
They're not here posting at 8 am in the morn though, probably have more constructive things to do than discuss replacing the manager before we even play a crunch game.

I imagine we may see some major overhaul for next season, both in terms of management and personnel, but that’s a discussion for another day (maybe Sunday but I hope not).

We all want it to work but realistically it hasn’t been, close at times but just not close enough.

Just hope the lads go out fighting tomorrow, no matter what happens.

I imagine we may see some major overhaul for next season, both in terms of management and personnel, but that’s a discussion for another day (maybe Sunday but I hope not).

We all want it to work but realistically it hasn’t been, close at times but just not close enough.

Just hope the lads go out fighting tomorrow, no matter what happens.
Well said.

Mate, like I said it's your perogative to be negative, to be angry whatever.

There will be plenty and there are plenty who don't share your negativity right now.
They're not here posting at 8 am in the morn though, probably have more constructive things to do than discuss replacing the manager before we even play a crunch game.
Just cannot see any logic in selection and subs. Its perfectly fine to question this.

I'm a big Hurling supporter who thinks we should be on 4 points, I'm just disappointed in another team selection.

I be shouting my head off for the reds Sat nt.

As someone who was very very negative before the Clare game expecting a decent beating (we performed very well at times) I'm afraid I can't see anything different this time.
I am really worried about our half back line getting taken to the cleaners which in turn will put massive pressure on the full line. To be fair even with Joyce at 6 I'd have the same worry.
The only optimism I can muster is that we will need goals, and the one possible chink in the Limerick armour is that they concede a few. Not sure we have the players to take advantage of that but.....

Is it unacceptable for Cork to fail to get out of munster two years running or do people just have to accept there
is nothing really between Ourselves, Waterford , Tipp , and it could go either way,
I believe Cork have a stronger panel than both Waterford and Tipp and we haven’t reached our full potential this year, unfortunately that responsibility lies with management.

Others might disagree but feel we are better than the performances that have been shown against Waterford at least, Clare was a decent performance in fairness.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Best Of Cork Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

25th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Karaoke Pride Party

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼