Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Ready had a mighty game, one of his best for Clare but he was everywhere like a lot of the Clare forward line, bar Duggan who held his position by and large. Every Cork defender was under massive pressure in that second half because numbers 8 to 12 were not supporting as they were in the first half. Joyce made plenty positive contribution so to describe his game as getting an absolute roasting is total exaggeration and not ‘material fact’ you’d agree I’m sure?
It's probably harsh but as a centre back he scored a point and made a couple of runs but I don't recall him being ever present as a factor in the game

Jeez - Cork hurling thread take over by a triumphant TAN condescending to lecture us, like we're some kind of pet charity of his :LOL:

And we get accused of arrogance.
Read the room mate.

Outlook for our survival in Munster seemingly reliant wholly on Tipp beating Waterford and both failing to win another game after that.

For what's in our control, how are we fixed for beating Limerick?
Are there any lingering weaknesses to be exposed there?
The worst I've seen them play in years was v KK in league SF.
First time that I've seen them fail to put together a game saving push in a second half.
Primarily because their first touch and reactions were stinking that day, the full back line was unfamiliar with each other & at sea, and the team as a whole consistently got pulled for relentlessly fouling KK forwards in areas where TJ pinged frees over for fun.
Can't see any of the above being an issue for them, bar potentially the free count.
🙋‍♂️

Look at that team from 99-06. Absolute workhorses in the half forward line. Timmy McCarthy used to get desperate grief but him and Niall Mc were vital in preventing opposition half backs from having too much of an impact. We don’t have those type of players anymore.
i thought it was our weakest line back then too. We havent had good half forwards since 70s.. Even in the 80s muller and meyler et all could be shocking on their day.. noughties we were definitely weak... thats why donal og brought in the puckout strategy.

i thought it was our weakest line back then too. We havent had good half forwards since 70s.. Even in the 80s muller and meyler et all could be shocking on their day.. noughties we were definitely weak... thats why donal og brought in the puckout strategy.
Not so sure I agree. 70s/80s before my time but the 99-06 lads played against generational half backs like Browne, McGrath, Walsh, Delaney and more than held their own against them in my opinion. Ben O’Connor was our main scoring half forward but look at the finals Niall and Timmy Mc played in especially against Kilkenny. They had their best games for Cork in those finals.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Polly Barrett
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Big Daddy Can

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:30pm

More events ▼