Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Right, im sure some posters are going to lose their shit over today, and that’s ok, everyone has their opinions, but I’m not. Why? I thought we put in an incredible effort to stay in that game today, especially after the sending off

I will come back to todays game later but looking foward the bare facts are this, we are in a 3 way competition with Tipperary and Waterford for third. spot .

Limerick are beating Tipp as I post and they will beat us and waterford too, Clare will probably do the same to Tipp and Waterford although I wouodnt bank on them to be honest

But if they do then we need Tipp to beat Waterford and then we beat Tipp and all 3 will finish on 2 points with scoring difference to determine who qualifies.

That’s what we are now reduced to, and that’s what I’m clinging on to

Waterford won't fear Tipp one little bit. They've been resting and will be well ready for Tipp. Be delighted if Tipp beat them but can't see it tbh

Once again because people don't seem to be getting it.
If Waterford beat Tipp we are out because if two teams tie on points it goes on the result between the two. They beat Tipp then they have a minimum of 4 points which is the maximum we can get(unlikely but technically possible). We meed Tipp and Limerick and Clare to beat Waterford and then hope Clare beat Tipp and then beat Tipp in the last game so that three teams are equal on two points so it goes down to points difference. Even if we beat Limerick we still need Tipp to beat Waterford.
Not so. If we beat Limerick and Tipp and Waterford also beat Limerick would we not be tied on 4 with Limerick and have a better head to head and thus progress (assuming no other team on 4 points)..? Granted that this is an extremely unlikely scenario but nonetheless.

First half with Connolly running through on goal - the one he put over the bar under pressure - the Clare corner back deliberately pulled across him chest high where there was no ball - clear yellow card at least but none given that I saw. Had he gone down clutching his chest and rolled around on the ground like a clare bitch they might have been the man down rather than us. Of course you don't like to see that in hurling but if the refs are going to be taken in by play acting then sauce for the goose. :mad:
All true

Not so. If we beat Limerick and Tipp and Waterford also beat Limerick would we not be tied on 4 with Limerick and have a better head to head and thus progress (assuming no other team on 4 points)..? Granted that this is an extremely unlikely scenario but nonetheless.
Apologies - didn’t see that Pooman already posted this.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

29th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Spare Parts

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:30pm

More events ▼