Search results

1. T

McCarthy's Park

Some great footage here. Well worth a watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyFCHBewi5A
  2. T

Colm Cooper retires

According to the Indo this morning (Tony Leen will be crying into his coco pops). Probably deserves a thread of its own. A superb player and one whose like we may never see again. So many highlights to choose from. Arguably an even greater creator of scores than scorer himself. An absolutely...
  3. T

Club finals

Slaughtneil agus Ballyea Abu m8s. A lot of hubbub about Cuala and their "match special" train. You couldn't fucking make it up.
  4. T

ACLU fundraisers in Dublin

Surely this is Peak Bullshit. A gig night in the workmans and some yoga festival. There are thousands of homeless children in this country.
  5. T

World Cup of Princess types : Group A

Winner of group A and B qualify for the final. Drawn in Group A we have Kate, duchess of cambridge. Jetsun, queen of Bhutan Amy, Duchess of Rathgar Rania, queen of Jordan
  6. T

The Queen of Spain : Different Gravy Altogether.

Spent a few days in Sunny Spain for work and came across this hidden gem. Mother of divine Christ what an absolute cracker. I felt she needs to be brought to the attention of the wider public.
  7. T

Ken Whitaker RIP

A great Irishman, died tonight aged 100. May he rest in peace.
  8. T

2016 in Review : Annus Horribilis

Cork intercounty teams for 2016 Hurling Senior P9 W2 L7 0.222 U21 P1 W0 L1 0.000 Minor P2 W1 L1 0.500 Intermediate P1 W0 L1 0.000 Overall P13 W3 L10 0.231 Football Senior P11 W5 L6 0.416 U21 P5 W4 L1 0.800 Minor...
  9. T

Messi walks out on his country

Aged 29. Retired after losing on spotters to Chile last night. As soon as he got the record basically, all about him.
  10. T

Your top BREXIT totty

For those of us overdosing on the coverage, let's answer the real questions. Who do you want to be in, out and then back in with. Poll to follow..
  11. T

Billions

Good first episode. Giamotti and Lewis were brilliant. Maggie Siff is a fucking cracker.
  12. T

Most Overrated Sportspeople

3 noms each, we'll discuss for a few days and then poll. I'm going with 1. Lionel Messi. Great man to score a hattrick in front of a packed Nou Camp against FC Rioja being marked by Arantxa Sanchez or whoever. The two biggest games of his life in the last world cup he didn't want to fucking...
  13. T

Case for the Defence

Cork senior footballers (9-85) and senior hurlers (9-118 ) have the worst defensive records in all four divisions (or however the fuck many there are in hurling) in the country. When you think of some of the dross in the leagues that's some going. In 2012 Cork footballers conceded one goal...
  14. T

Sports Forum Poster of the Year 2015 THE VOTE

Incredible standard of noms. To get it down to something manageable on the board I had to only put people with 3 or more noms on the ballot paper which tells you all you need to know about the calibre of those involved. Have at it. Poll to follow.
  15. T

Unlikely European Cup Medalists XI

1. Ross Turnbull 2. Winston Bogarde 3. Djimi Traore 4. David May 5. Gary Cahill 6. Igor Biscan 7. Jonathan Greening 8. Anderson 9. Djibril Cisse 10. Jan Koller 11. Ryan Bertrand Would they keep it kicked out to Castleview on a good day?
  16. T

Ireland's Best Ever team performance on the World stage

Poll to follow I'm going to truncate the nomination process and go straight to poll, to save lads from complete meltdowns. The criteria are as follows. Performances by Mens senior representative teams from Ireland, in team sports rather than collectives of individuals (if it wasn't for this...
  17. T

#Hameron

Check it out.
  18. T

Irish Times Sports Columns Comments section-The Best Of

Some absolute fucking gold here lads. Balmpots. Would make some of the lads on here sound like Hugh McIlvanney In response to Darragh O'Se's article this morning
  19. T

Liz Kendall : Would you?

It's a big yes from me. I'd say filthy wouldn't even begin to describe it.