ACLU fundraisers in Dublin

My understanding is approx 7k homeless and 1 in 3 is a child.

I'm not dissing your figures but you would be hard pressed to come across a homeless child in the city, and since we would understand that cities are where they would gravitate to there should be a couple of hundred here and well over 1000 in the big schmoke. I don't see them, so 1, official homeless definition is different to my definition or 2, I'm blind as a bat or 3, the official figure is bullshit

I'm not dissing your figures but you would be hard pressed to come across a homeless child in the city, and since we would understand that cities are where they would gravitate to there should be a couple of hundred here and well over 1000 in the big schmoke. I don't see them, so 1, official homeless definition is different to my definition or 2, I'm blind as a bat or 3, the official figure is bullshit

I'm guessing a combination of 1 (not all homeless people are sleeping rough), and 4: do you tend to spend much time in homeless shelters?

I'm guessing a combination of 1 (not all homeless people are sleeping rough), and 4: do you tend to spend much time in homeless shelters?

I suppose I don't, guilty your hon. But a shelter / temp Accomodation / hostel is not a home? I guess it's a matter of interpretation ... I certainly couldn't believe a hostel would be homely but one could I suppose call it home if one lived there. But I suppose that is what the figures are made up of.

Do we therefore need new figures for any kids who simply don't have a roof over their head...which would be the most pressing

I suppose I don't, guilty your hon. But a shelter / temp Accomodation / hostel is not a home? I guess it's a matter of interpretation ... I certainly couldn't believe a hostel would be homely but one could I suppose call it home if one lived there. But I suppose that is what the figures are made up of.

Do we therefore need new figures for any kids who simply don't have a roof over their head...which would be the most pressing

I think it comprises all the people in hotels etc. as it should as they don't have a home.

There were people living in tents on the hill on windy arbour not long ago. I hope the sight of them doesn't put the south Dublin luvvie brigade off their entertainment when they see them out the window of the green luas as they make their way into the ACLU benefit gig in town.

In fairness, if someone only has a homeless shelter to live in it's stretching it to say they have a home.

As for people without a roof over their head - that would presumably be those sleeping rough. Harder to get accurate figures for that - I think they do a head count each year in Dublin, last one reported 142 sleepers: http://www.thejournal.ie/rough-sleepers-dublin-3-3110924-Nov2016/

They don't provide figures for how many of those are children.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

27th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼