Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby : Ireland v Australia, Auckland 2011

• Rugby : Ireland v France, Cardiff 2015

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poll to follow

I'm going to truncate the nomination process and go straight to poll, to save lads from complete meltdowns.

The criteria are as follows.

Performances by Mens senior representative teams from Ireland, in team sports rather than collectives of individuals (if it wasn't for this condition it'd be the 2012 boxers).

In the living memory of most posters either having attended, seen live or been at the play.

As one of the neutral posters on here I'm going to run this with scrupulous fairness. There will be 4 rugby options, 4 football options and 2 cricket options.

Without going all scutter on it what do you mean by performance Tony?

Obviously some of these were backs to the wall jobs. But amazing achievements considering the odds.

Even though it was a draw I've never seen a better performance by an Irish team than Wembley 91

From the options provided, the giants stadium in 94

Without going all scutter on it what do you mean by performance Tony?

Obviously some of these were backs to the wall jobs. But amazing achievements considering the odds.

I think performance means different things to different people and that's okay. For what I would have based it on would've been a team being greater than the sum of their parts, reaching their individual bests and getting a concrete achievement.

I think all of the above options represent that in some way so I'm happy to leave it to lads own consciences.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Song Of Granite (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼