Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Right.. time for a civil war..
As the infamous strike was coming to an end, an elderly man who had given 65 years service to club and county grabbed my arm as we watched an underage club game & chatted about “ the peace” and said these words quietly
“ my man it will be decades before Cork hurling recovers from this, I hope to live to a 100 and in those 22 years Cork won’t win another All Ireland I bet”
Poor man is dead now.
We had Don Franco on a 2 pager in today’s Indo and that other absolute prick will be on the Sunday game tonight. No consequences for any of em and they telling us all about the game now!!
Everyone of those players today deserve our full support for putting on the jersey and giving it their all. It’s now they need our support more than ever.
Some valid points there. We need another 10 years of underage success, we forget that we went 20 years without an underage title. Limerick have shown how far ahead of everyone else they are but we’re further away from the likes of Galway, Clare etc than they are from Limerick.

This idea absolutely blows my mind..
Just cause a fella was as good as another fella when they were children doesn’t mean anything at all at all when playing a man’s sport 5 years later.
In the last 20 years Galway have won half the minor All Ireland hurling titles and this has provided 1 senior All Ireland
Limerick going for 5 in a row won jack shit underage.
Underage success is not a predictor of success at adult level. That’s conclusively proven in every team sport in the world.
That’s why it’s celebrated as a rare and special thing that whenever an underage team comes through and they produce 5-6 players at adult level.
Wrong about Limerick underage.

10 of the current seniors won All Ireland under 21 medals between 2015 and 2017.

2015 team:

Limerick

1. David McCarthy (Glenroe)

2. Sean Finn (Bruff)
3. Richie English (Doon)
4. Michael Casey (Na Piarsaigh)

5. Diarmaid Byrnes (Patrickswell – Captain)
6. Barry O Connell (Kildimo/Pallaskenry)
7. Gearoid Hegarty (St Patrick’s)

8. Darragh O’Donovan (Doon)
9. Pat Ryan (Doon)

10. Ronan Lynch (Na Piarsaigh)
11. Cian Lynch (Patrickswell)
12. David Dempsey (Na Piarsaigh)

13. Colin Ryan (Pallasgreen)
14. Tom Morrissey (Ahane)
15. Barry Nash (South Liberties

2017 team:

. Eoghan McNamara (Doon)

2. Sean Finn (Bruff)
3. Darragh Fanning (Pallasgreen)
4. Dan Joy (Kilmallock)

5. Ronan Lynch (Na Piarsaigh)
6. Kyle Hayes (Kildimo/Pallaskenry)
7. Thomas Grimes (Na Piarsaigh)

8. Colin Ryan (Pallasgreen)
9. Robbie Hanley (Kilmallock)

10. Aaron Gillane (Patrickswell)
11. Barry Murphy (Doon)
12. Cian Lynch (Patrickswell)

13. Peter Casey (Na Piarsaigh)
14. Tom Morrissey (Ahane)(Captain)
15. Barry Nash (South Liberties).

Subs:
16. Cian Hedderman (Ballybrown)
17. Paudie Ahern (Killeedy)
18. Conor Boylan (Na Piarsaigh)
19. Andrew La Touche Cosgrave (Monaleen)
20. Seamus Flanagan (Feohanagh)
21. Lorcan Lyons (Monaleen)
22. Mike Mackey (Adare)
23. Conor McSweeney (South Liberties)
24. Jack O Grady (Knockainey).

The current team has is built on those 2 winning under 21 teams. l agree their much lauded academy hasn’t produced much under age success since and I think this will see them really struggle when this team breaks up.

No his puckouts were absolutely dreadful, really really poor for this level, they weren’t giving players a chance as they weren’t reaching them, imo he has always been average but today was a really bad day, next manager needs to look at change here.
Tim was in big trouble half way through the first half and no change from the line until he went off, again the line way too slow why not even switch Downey over, Meade as a sub made zero impact and it was crying out for o’connellw energy and fight, Kingston again in a battle is not the player to bring no , they should have kept faith and brought on Twomey, way too many mistakes being made on the line not helping an average team
Agreed, Collins is not an intercounty player. His puck out led directly to Clare's first goal. Guy is not intercounty level at all!

Imagine being TOC or B Roche watching Meade lack of pace thinking how is he ahead of me?
I thought about this as I saw Brian roche today . Them 2 give absolutely everything on the field . It’s shocking how either of them cant get on the field . Brian roche and Tommy o connell are everyrhing we need for 2 midfielders . Not sure what anyone else thinks in here but why haven’t them 2 been tried together . Work rate agression and both able to hurl . Fitzgibbon is a centre forward and that’s where he should be .

Thought we had a good management setup this year, no I wonder. Sitting fairly close to them today and close enough last week they looked like two different outfits. Not a peep out of them last week, today roaring and fist pumping. Why couldn't they have been up for it last week too ffs. They have knocked the confidence out of RF with their antics, GM left sitting on bench all day when he was needed on the field. BH struggling today, left on too long, LM not up to this level. Panicked when SOD lost the head. Goalkeeping still a big issue, we're going no where fast with this gang. We look for consistency with players, why not with management.

12 months time lads here will be saying: " I have high hope for this team in 12 months time"
Dude - we get it. You’re down on this team / management / cork hurling culture etc. That’s all fair enough. I’m not saying you’re wrong and of course you are entitled to express your opinion. But you just keep throwing out the same garbage one-liners. Maybe add something productive or insightful?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Coldplace - The World's Leading Coldplay Tribute
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

20th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Phrases - Decks Out

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼