Your Mental Health

I remember the term the red brick very well.

I think the standard of mental health medicine in this country is appalling tbh.

You have poor public and private options and massive waiting lists for all kinds of care.

You hear a lot of noise about be kind and walk into light and all this shite but you have a government who allocate more spend to horseracing.

I think what's particularly alarming about the SOC case, for many people, is that she was ostensibly successful. Sure, she had problems, but she was still a gifted artist. She had a career where she did what she wanted and had a huge amount of people wanting to work with her. She had money to live her life, she had the freedom to live her own life, she could put food on the table for herself and her family and owned her own home. She had so many people come out after her death saying how friendly she was to them, and how blessed they were to consider her a friend, or even just meet her and talk to her.

For so many people with severe mental illness that's a pipe dream. Yet she still couldn't escape what plagued her. Imagine the average fucker going through what she went through. Worried about where they can live, how to eat, how to get Sky Sports, how to even have a relationship let alone a family. What hope do those people have?
What a pile of over sentimental horseshit.
Everyone is different m8 in spite of whatever mental condition they have. For example one person with ADHD can be bright, another could have one or more comorbid conditions. You're an individual independent of what ever mental condition you have and as a result can have very different outcomes to someone broadly diagnosed with the same condition.

Everyone is different m8 in spite of whatever mental condition they have. For example one person with ADHD can be bright, another could have one or more comorbid conditions. You're an individual independent of what ever mental condition you have and as a result can have very different outcomes to someone broadly diagnosed with the same condition.

^

Spot on.

Theres no catch all umbrella and every case is different.

I think it must be worse being a celebrity with mental health issues as any erratic behavior is magnified and jumped on.

Id say her ground zero was looking for a boyfrind from her followers on Twitter, then going to Vegas with the lucky guy and getting married.

73651707-12341539-image-a-57_1690401283347.jpg

Divorced after 16 days, off her rocker.

This is pure dismissal of the severity of mental conditions. Which is something I was at pains not to do with my post. Talking about SOC seemingly having everything going for her but she still couldn't escape the hand she was dealt.

The fact you're so lacking in empathy that you can't see how someone could compare themselves to the very successful person with a mental health condition is telling on you.

It's great to tell everyone, "Everyone is unique," but that's not how people or the world works. It's not how people view life.

And the genius Hank comes in with "No catch all umbrella and every case is different." How the fuck do you think medicine works? How do you think categories of mental illness are defined? How do you think treatment plans are worked out?

Fucking brains of Britain here.

I think what's particularly alarming about the SOC case, for many people, is that she was ostensibly successful. Sure, she had problems, but she was still a gifted artist. She had a career where she did what she wanted and had a huge amount of people wanting to work with her. She had money to live her life, she had the freedom to live her own life, she could put food on the table for herself and her family and owned her own home. She had so many people come out after her death saying how friendly she was to them, and how blessed they were to consider her a friend, or even just meet her and talk to her.

For so many people with severe mental illness that's a pipe dream. Yet she still couldn't escape what plagued her. Imagine the average fucker going through what she went through. Worried about where they can live, how to eat, how to get Sky Sports, how to even have a relationship let alone a family. What hope do those people have?
Good post.

I see Hank and hi King are doing their tag team routine again.

Sad.

This is pure dismissal of the severity of mental conditions. Which is something I was at pains not to do with my post. Talking about SOC seemingly having everything going for her but she still couldn't escape the hand she was dealt.

The fact you're so lacking in empathy that you can't see how someone could compare themselves to the very successful person with a mental health condition is telling on you.

It's great to tell everyone, "Everyone is unique," but that's not how people or the world works. It's not how people view life.

And the genius Hank comes in with "No catch all umbrella and every case is different." How the fuck do you think medicine works? How do you think categories of mental illness are defined? How do you think treatment plans are worked out?

Fucking brains of Britain here.

This is Ireland m8.

Good post.

I see Hank and hi King are doing their tag team routine again.

Sad.

Haters be hating.

iu

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Duke Special
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

7th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Ruben Berrios Septet

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼