Your Mental Health

Having a tough time lately, 12 year old young fella who has ASD stopped going to school five weeks ago, Both ourselves and the school have tried every thing to get him to go back, but to no avail, CAMHS wont take him on, He is attending pieta once a week as he told us weeks ago he had dark thoughts, He could be bluffing but cant take that chance, When i add this to been injured and not able to run which helps with my mental health and pressure in work , I was awake this morning at 4am, could not get back to sleep and just lay there until 6.30am when i normally get up, Hopefully it is a case of this to shall pass,
That's awful.
Sorry to hear that.

Having a tough time lately, 12 year old young fella who has ASD stopped going to school five weeks ago, Both ourselves and the school have tried every thing to get him to go back, but to no avail, CAMHS wont take him on, He is attending pieta once a week as he told us weeks ago he had dark thoughts, He could be bluffing but cant take that chance, When i add this to been injured and not able to run which helps with my mental health and pressure in work , I was awake this morning at 4am, could not get back to sleep and just lay there until 6.30am when i normally get up, Hopefully it is a case of this to shall pass,

Ah bollocks Jim, very sorry to hear that.

Tough tough station. Hope all works out for ye. Have you ever looked up the Rainbow Club? Based in Mahon. A great organisation.

So sorry to hear Jimmy, hope things pick up for you and your son

As Matty said, any other form of exercise might be help
Even an exercise bike or cross trainer (if you have one, or can get one second hand?)

Been through rough family times lately, my running went off the boil but trying to get back to it.

Sorry for your troubles Jimmy, I couldn't recommend meditation enough. Our minds can put the weight of the world on our shoulders, with enough practice meditation can help to alleviate so much of the stress and anxiety we carry with us.
Meditation is literally nothing more than trying to stop ourselves from thinking, which sounds simple but it is incredibly difficult to do, after learning how to meditate (it takes a while so patience is essential) that first moment when you successfully manage to switch your brain off for even a minute, the relief is overwhelming! It's like a huge weight has been lifted off and you can face your challenges from a fresh start, and a fresh perspective without all that weight on your shoulders.

It has changed my life for the better and I know people who initially thought it was hippy dippy bullshit and it literally ended up saving their lives.

There are loads of apps, Calm and Headspace are two of the most well known, I use Calm and it has been a game changer for me.

Anyway that's my two cents, hope things get better for you and your son.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Dirty Circus
The Pav, Careys Lane

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼