Your Mental Health

People turning to alcohol as a method of coping with whatever life is throwing at them at a particular time is I think very common, it can be a downward spiral but going to the doctor and if necessary taking medication, can be the first step to getting back to normal, if the person continues to drink while on meds that makes things far worse.
Yeah, I see my young sister on this downward spiral.

Heart meds since young.. Had to resuscitate her on the kitchen floor at one point.

I can't marry her decisions as she turns up pissed at least three times a week now.

Tried to have a conversation but as anyone here knows... There's no problem.

That fuck head of a boyfriend doesn't help. I'm so close to pucking the head off the enabler, I may end up on the local court thread yet.

She always will have a lap. Can do no more.

Heart meds since young.. Had to resuscitate her on the kitchen floor at one point.

I can't marry her decisions as she turns up pissed at least three times a week now.

That fuck head of a boyfriend doesn't help. I'm so close to pucking the head off the enabler, I may end up on the local court thread yet.

In the end nobody can make the decision but her to turn her life around if she really is an alcoholic. Many reasons for people to drink but more excuses to drink. If you put your problems out in front then the exuses become a reason sadly.

Boyfriend needs to be out of the equation there but unfortunately that's her choice.

Al Anon might be worth considering, maybe? http://www.al-anon-ireland.org/

Just to help you to cope with her illness, given that you can't change it.

It is 12 step (ish) in it's approach, which I know isn't for everyone, but might be worth trying one meeting and seeing how you find it.

Al Anon might be worth considering, maybe? http://www.al-anon-ireland.org/

Just to help you to cope with her illness, given that you can't change it.

It is 12 step (ish) in it's approach, which I know isn't for everyone, but might be worth trying one meeting and seeing how you find it.

I hear ya.

But she's a fiesty beour. Much like yourself.

Had the conversations... nicely but always gets shut down in a fit of her rage.

One has to look after their own mental health when dealing with this.

I'm at the stage now where I'm consigned to leave it play out... but most importantly... Be there to pick up the pieces and have some chance then of resetting her.

And get rid of the boyfriend who still dresses as a teen.

Last edited:
I hear ya.

But she's a fiesty beour. Much like yourself.

Had the conversations... nicely but always gets shut down in a fit of her rage.

One has to look after their own mental health when dealing with this.

I'm at the stage now where I'm conscinded to leave it play out... but most importantly... Be there to pick up the pieces and have some chance then of resetting her.

And get rid of the boyfriend who still dresses as a teen.
I went through something similar. They won't listen and it's always everyone else's fault. Self pity, manipulation, emotional blackmail.
For your own sake, put yourself first because they'll never be wrong.
Nothing worse than someone pissed ringing you 9 am when you've a day's work ahead or after a long day, pissed in the nighttime

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

On The Waterfront (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 5:45pm

More events ▼