Wuhan Wheeze

“The new Public Health Reform Expert Advisory Group (PIAG) has been set up by Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly and Minister of State Frank Feighan.”

Can anyone explain this acronym?

“The new Public Health Reform Expert Advisory Group (PIAG) has been set up by Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly and Minister of State Frank Feighan.”

Can anyone explain this acronym?
Basically they're going to advise the government, as mar dhea experts, on how to reform public health service (presumably cut costs, take on vested interests etc etc ) .

How did they get to PIAG though?
I say it is a misprint in what ever article you got it from. The gov.ie website calls it EAG

'Minister for Health, Stephen Donnelly TD, and Minister of State with responsibility for Public Health, Wellbeing and the National Drugs Strategy, Frank Feighan TD, today announced the establishment of a Public Health Reform Expert Advisory Group (EAG).'

I say it is a misprint in what ever article you got it from. The gov.ie website calls it EAG

'Minister for Health, Stephen Donnelly TD, and Minister of State with responsibility for Public Health, Wellbeing and the National Drugs Strategy, Frank Feighan TD, today announced the establishment of a Public Health Reform Expert Advisory Group (EAG).'
Fair enough 👍🏻

BTW I got it from RTE

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼