World Cup Qualifiers Build Up

So lads, it seems to have crept up on us very quickly but how do ye think things will go? i think the cyprus game could nearly be the more difficult of the two. If we manage to beat cyprus, then i think the cup final atmosphere surrounding the swiss game would be enough to see us through. fingers crossed anyway!

I'm not getting my hopes up anymore as I'm sick of coming back from Lansdowne disappointed. It was hard enough after the Israel (2-2) game, but the French (0-1) was agony. I hate to be negative but please God we'll be in the play-offs in 10 days time.

Cyprus is gonna be a huge game especially with Roy out due to injury and then Reid & Morrison out with the yellows.

Need the win!!!!

Well its a good job we have such strength in depth, because I dont think we'd have a chance without having Graham Kavanagh and Matt Holland to deputise

EEP!

It's pretty important that France win too and they have major injury problems. Frankly, despite all our problems, if Ireland can't beat Cyprus we don't deserve to go to the World Cup.

STEVIEG said:
It's pretty important that France win too and they have major injury problems. Frankly, despite all our problems, if Ireland can't beat Cyprus we don't deserve to go to the World Cup.
exactly. we should be capable of putting out a team made up from any of the players in the squad and beat them. if not then we don't deserve to get anywhere. It's going to be down to getting the attitude right

what would the starting line-up be like anyways???

I'd take a gamble with;

Given

Carr Cunningham Dunne Harte

Finnan Holland Kilbane O'Shea

Duff
Keane

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

That They May Face The Rising Sun (12A)