Willie Bocht

'he was seen through'

'he was an advocate for some'.

The guy is dead. He was unashamedly an advocate for loyalist/unionist victims of the troubles. I don't see why the Republicans are so threatened that they feel the need to rubbish him.

Id say his death was mocked by many online just as martin mcguinness death
was, goes to show how far we have to go before people up there can live in harmony,

'he was seen through'

The guy is dead. He was unashamedly an advocate for loyalist/unionist victims of the troubles. I don't see why the Republicans are so threatened that they feel the need to rubbish him.

He was an advocate for some. And I'm sure those people were happy to have him advocate for them.

Can you explain how stating that he was an advocate for some is "rubbishing him"? You're more prickly than usual today aren't you.

was, goes to show how far we have to go before people up there can live in harmony,

Alas there are bigots on both sides. But the violence of the past would have acted as a huge polarizing force which can take many years to melt away.

Even down here we have folk expressing very strong opinions on things. Look at Roy Keane/Mick McCarthy and people voicing their opinions on them. Or Leo Varadkar. Or Bono. And they're all still alive!

Seemed to be some accounts(denied by him) linking his father to the Glenville gang.

The man grew up watching those around him being killed many were no doubt soft targets killed in a brutal manner.

As a youngfella growing up witnessing that its going to effect him badly.

As I said he was off the wall on some things he said but correct on others such as trying to get justice for the Kingsmill massacre victims and those who were murdered by the ira along the border.

Lets be honest people had a reason to hate Mcguinness in the unionist community, Frazer did not direct any military campaign resulting in the deaths of many people.

He was ridiculed yes but I'm not sure his death is being mocked like say Mcguiness or Thatcher was.

Lets be honest people had a reason to hate Mcguinness in the unionist community, Frazer lets be did not direct any military campaign resulting in the deaths of many people.

He was ridiculed yes but I'm not sure hos death is being mocked like say Mcguiness or Thatcher was.

I read online yesterday that there had been a lot of comments on certain sites
mocking him, i suppose social media allows idiots on both sides a vehicle,

Lets be honest people had a reason to hate Mcguinness in the unionist community, Frazer did not direct any military campaign resulting in the deaths of many people.

He was ridiculed yes but I'm not sure his death is being mocked like say Mcguiness or Thatcher was.

Saw a clip of a huge number of Liverpool fans chanting about Thatcher being dead. She really was despised far and wide.

Saw a clip of a huge number of Liverpool fans chanting about Thatcher being dead. She really was despised far and wide.

The recent five part Documentary on Thatcher on BBC2 was terrific.

Whether you liked her or loathed her she was a formidablw oman who lef the U.K. in far better nick than when she took office. Longest serving British PM of the 20th century.

'he was seen through'

Because that is not the full story and I didn't rubbish him either.
I understand you tend towards the anti-republican viewpoint which is fine.
But the reality of his utterances, behaviour and involvement are very different from just an unashamed advocate for the loyalist/unionist victims of IRA murder.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Café And Wine Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼