Willie Bocht

Was he unwell for some time? Any details on why he died?

I didn't like him tbh but I had a begrudging respect for him at the same time. Another victim of the troubles. R.I.P.

The Tánaiste @simoncoveney expressed his sincere sympathies to the family of William Frazer today, and acknowledged his work of many years advocating for victims of the Troubles in Northern Ireland.

Relatives for Justice extends our sympathy to the family of Willie Fraser. We often shared platforms. We often disagreed and we sometimes shared common ground.

I'm not sure he was a bigot LB, he was eccentric thats for sure he had definitely a right to feel agrieved on account of the terrible deeds inflicted on his family.

He wanted justice for the victims of the Kingsmill massacre, a shameful event in Irish history, I know people saw him as a joke figure on account of some of his stunts, but I think deep down it would be wrong to class him in the same ilk as Paisley or Willy Mccrea two individuals who stoked the flames

He did seem slightly troubled I suppose given his life growing up many up in the North are similar, and despite some of his stunts, I think as I pointed out above it would be wrong to class him as mainly a bigot, misguided yes but he on some of the issues he campaigned about he was right.

RIP.
Seemed to be some accounts(denied by him) linking his father to the Glenville gang.

They shot his father in the head when he was 15. Be glad to have never lived in those circumstances.
Rumoured his father was there when two Catholics travelling back from a semifinal match at Croke park were stopped at a fake checkpoint at the border and shot dead.

Rumours don't mean shite m8.
His father was a farmer, council worker and part time UDR man. They wanted to drive his family out of south Armagh.

There were plenty of atrocities against the loyalist community too.

Last edited:
Condolences to his wife and family. He brought a lot of ridicule on himself such as when he put a picket on a local school for flying the tricolour . Turned out to have been an Italian flag as school was celebrating Italian week.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Prophet Song: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼