What mobile networks have coverage throughout the whole of Ireland?

What mobile networks have coverage throughout the whole of Ireland?

I'm in the UK with o2 but thinking of switching to one of the others, Orange/T-Mobile/Vodafone/3.
Do all of these operate in Ireland and which would I be better off avoiding as I spend a lot of my holidays in Ireland in the back of beyond type places?

I'm in the UK with o2 but thinking of switching to one of the others, Orange/T-Mobile/Vodafone/3.
Do all of these operate in Ireland and which would I be better off avoiding as I spend a lot of my holidays in Ireland in the back of beyond type places?

Was with Orange there until the other week. Went with 3. 18quid for a mix and match 500 package. This includes free roaming in any country that has a 3 network (as long as you roam on 3, if three is not available then you will have to pay roaming charges). Also I got an international add-on thingy for an extra 15quid and this gives me unlimited (well 3000 (fair use policy)) mins to ring landlines in loads a countries incl Ireland. You also get (limited) free access to the internet on your phone and full access for an extra 5 quid a month. Much better than the rip off I was paying with Orange.

Check it out here http://three.co.uk/personal/products_services_/add-ons_/index.omp

Hope that helps fella.

This includes free roaming in any country that has a 3 network (as long as you roam on 3, if three is not available then you will have to pay roaming charges).

3 has a home-from-home agreement and I think o2 (uk) has brought it in too - check online in their international section.

But roaming on 3... half the time I nip over to the UK my 3 phone keeps bouncing around between 3.. T-Mobile.. Vodafone.. 3 again.. o2.. and try to lock it down to 3 (manual selection) it says half the time it's not available. Bit of a joke to be honest. But when it works it's grand.

3 in Ireland won't have the best coverage if you're looking for 'back of beyond' type places. Better stick to o2 or Voda imo.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Luke Combs Uk
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Swiftogeddon - Taylor Swift Club Night

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼