What is tiptronic?

CommanderCian said:
I would personally go for the RX7, you could pick up an s14 easily enough when you come back to Ireland as they are getting more common. Go for something that you wont really get to drive when you come home. The rx7 is a legendary sports car. Its RWD yes but I have never heard stories of it swopping ends or spinning easily. Treat it with a bit of respect and get to learn the car and you will enjoy it, maybe even taking the odd corner a little too fast to get some oversteer.

Servicing and parts for the rx7 in NZ will not be a problem as its one of many cars they like to tune over there so finding someone with experience in the rotary engine should'nt cause headaches.

And finally, if you get bored of the power and handling, theres LOADS you can do to make it go faster!
I had a video of one doing 215Mph on alkaline flats, it took off, flipped and rolled like a Le Mans car.

I'd go for a Holden or something.

Just cause it flipped at over 200+ MPH doesent make it a bad car. I'm a big fan of them and they dont have the good reputation they have for no reason.

As for holdens, would love a HSV or the car a vauxhall marano is based on. 5.7L or 6.0 V8!:D

CommanderCian said:
Just cause it flipped at over 200+ MPH doesent make it a bad car. I'm a big fan of them and they dont have the good reputation they have for no reason.

As for holdens, would love a HSV or the car a vauxhall marano is based on. 5.7L or 6.0 V8!:D
I know I'm just saying all's well saying something like that can be made to be as fast as a McLaren but that's what happens at top speed.

Get yourslef a mid 90's hsv 5.0l v8 lsd, absolutley bomb proof easy to work on, cost you bout 10k wont sufer much deprication and is easy to sell.

I presume even if you are able do work to the cars yorself you wont have the tools or space to do it over there, why buy a tempremental thing like an rx7 when thats the case? 22b's gt4's etc will have to be run on high octance petrol subarus arent relaibel gt4's arent realaible.

Ideally living away from home you want something that wont need anything besides the usual servicing, i wouldnt look past a hsv if i was you

k974 said:
Get yourslef a mid 90's hsv 5.0l v8 lsd, absolutley bomb proof easy to work on, cost you bout 10k wont sufer much deprication and is easy to sell.

I presume even if you are able do work to the cars yorself you wont have the tools or space to do it over there, why buy a tempremental thing like an rx7 when thats the case? 22b's gt4's etc will have to be run on high octance petrol subarus arent relaibel gt4's arent realaible.

Ideally living away from home you want something that wont need anything besides the usual servicing, i wouldnt look past a hsv if i was you

Subarus and gt4 not reliable? what are you talking about,you've probably listed the too most reliable brands there is, the only way that they become unrealiable is when tweeted by the owners to run more boost for example. also they tend to run on 97/98 octane over that part of the world anyway, and if by some strange reason you can get the cars mapped to run on 95 octane, personally i think i'd go with a holden or an eclipse simply because you will not see them over here.

how many have you woned??

i didnt say subarus in general or toyotas in general i was refering to impreza wrx's and gt4, its not that their unrelaible as just but you cant cut corners on serivicing with em. say a 80's corolla she might see an old change for 5 years but will keep going, the wrx's will cost a fortune to maintain right.

ya there ok when the boost is left alone, but on higher boost and 95 octane petrol they'lll go thru pistons in no time, they are also fond of clutchs and gearboxs..
gt4's wrx's evos are relaiable if maintained properly, but to say they are as reliable as a 1.3 corolla lancer or impreza or whatever isnt true

well just to bring ye up to date i crashed the AZ3 yesterday! blind corner, Wet road, cars backed up due to previous accident. ye can fill in the gaps yerselves!

I'm selling this f**kin thing as soon as i have it fixed. Have it 6 months and have spent about 150% of the cost of the car on fixing it since. never had a run of luck like it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Do You Believe In The Power Of Rock & Roll? - An Evening with John Robb
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼