What a joke...

Twas too laughable to actually be even embarrassed by it....How John O'Shea can justify being paid ( I refuse to say EARNING) 50 grand a week is the stuff of comic book writing.

Feeble ....disgraceful lack of passion and effort...I could go on, but i just can't be bothered. Why should I worry about these overpaid clowns if they can't be bothered to turn up for their country.

PATHETIC

I was in Paris, so I didn't get to see the match.

When they put the results up later, we were laughing at Wales.

We didn't laugh long...

Rebel Yell said:
Twas too laughable to actually be even embarrassed by it....How John O'Shea can justify being paid ( I refuse to say EARNING) 50 grand a week is the stuff of comic book writing.

Feeble ....disgraceful lack of passion and effort...I could go on, but i just can't be bothered. Why should I worry about these overpaid clowns if they can't be bothered to turn up for their country.

PATHETIC

There hasn't been any passion in any Irish soccer team for a very long time. This is what Saipan was all about - the FAI don't care (evidenced by their selection of Staunton), the players don't care (evidenced by the fact that an almost entire premiership first 11 can't beat Cyprus) and pretty soon the Olé Olérs won't care either.

It stems from the fundamental issue of what this country expects - we expect the rugby team to do well and they do (relatively speaking), we rebels expect the hurling team to do well (and the footballers too) and they do extremely well - but for years because the soccer team has been followed by the mainly Dub based Olé Olérs , no one gave a shit if they did well as long as there was a mighty piss up at the end of it.

It's what Keane was arguing at Saipan, it's what the commission report told the FAI (which they ignored) and it's what is going to continue until our attitude to soccer is the same as it is with other sports.

That's why they don't have Eircom Park and have to squat in Croke Park for a while.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼