Welcome Palestine

Lads, no matter what side you're taking in this, the young fella at 0:50 in this BBC news report from today who just found out he lost his dad in a bombing. Look at the trauma he's going through. Imagine the PTSD, fear, anger and rage he's going to have to live with after this for the rest of his life. Try to imagine if this was you when you were a small fella of that age and you lost your dad. Even if 1% of these kids grow up and join HAMAS or whatever group fills the void after Israel is finished its slaughter in Gaza that's a brand new generation ready to perform the next massacre of Israelis.
And so the cycle continues.

In continuing their bombing campaign and ground offensive south of the original objectives Israel has torched any lingering legitimacy their response to 7/10 had.

The EU need to impose sanctions on Netanyahu's Likud government and his right wing religious coalition partners.

The U.S. is in a bind. If Biden pulls U.S. support Trump hammers him on being soft on terror. If he allows Israel to devastate the south of the strip he loses his own democratic party support.

Just like in Ukraine the UN has proven a largely useless organisation.

Agreed. Trump's going to win anyway so Biden should do what's morally right. Gaza is this year's Mariupol and Biden is too frightened of Trump to go in hard on brutal regimes and dictators. Chances are there'll be a few small one-man 'acts of terror' in the U.S. that are related to Gaza so that's all Trump needs to 'prove' to the electorate that Biden is soft on terror. He's already got the shambolic exit out of Kabul to mock Biden with.
Polls are starting to show Trump is likely to convince enough Latinos in swing states that the liberals are coming for their religion and that new waves of immigrants are coming for their jobs etc etc. The only thing that might save Biden at this stage is going all out in Ukraine to win that one so the Russians are obliterated. Wars usually result in huge support for the incumbent.

Israel are clearly trying to cause as much destruction and death in Gaza as quickly as they can before the Yanks finally call them out on it.
It's absolutely horrendous what they're doing there.

Agreed. Trump's going to win anyway so Biden should do what's morally right. Gaza is this year's Mariupol and Biden is too frightened of Trump to go in hard on brutal regimes and dictators. Chances are there'll be a few small one-man 'acts of terror' in the U.S. that are related to Gaza so that's all Trump needs to 'prove' to the electorate that Biden is soft on terror. He's already got the shambolic exit out of Kabul to mock Biden with.
Polls are starting to show Trump is likely to convince enough Latinos in swing states that the liberals are coming for their religion and that new waves of immigrants are coming for their jobs etc etc. The only thing that might save Biden at this stage is going all out in Ukraine to win that one so the Russians are obliterated. Wars usually result in huge support for the incumbent.

Israel are clearly trying to cause as much destruction and death in Gaza as quickly as they can before the Yanks finally call them out on it.
It's absolutely horrendous what they're doing there.
Trump isn’t going to win.

Our very own Tadhg Hickey is delighted his sketches have made it to RT but so sad he can’t watch them due to Western Imperialism. We should be very proud he’s a big hit in Russia. Can we Book him a one way ticket
Hickey is a cynical, self serving shit.

Not funny enough to be a comedian, not informed enough to be a pundit, but cute enough to know that grabbing the low hanging fruit from both trees will get him clicks.

Hickey is a cynical, self serving shit.

Not funny enough to be a comedian, not informed enough to be a pundit, but cute enough to know that grabbing the low hanging fruit from both trees will get him clicks.

Wow, I can see Hickey really riles some of the posters here. So much so that they exaggerate their criticism of him.

He's funny enough to be a comedian - he's actually had standup shows not just around Ireland but in Scotland, and maybe England too. Humour isn't a uniform thing and I must admit I don't always like certain comedians, or find them funny, but it would be stupid to claim they're not funny enough (the humour is in the ear of the beholder) to be a comedian.

The fact that some of his stuff gets likes and reposts in the thousands show that many people find his stuff funny and/or informative.

If that's "grabbing the low hanging fruit from both trees" by him to help highlight the unbearable plight of the Palestinian civilians under the collective punishment as the IDF vent their spleen then at least he's doing it rather than sitting idly by, or worse still, mocking the plight of innocent Palestinian victims.

Wow, I can see Hickey really riles some of the posters here. So much so that they exaggerate their criticism of him.

He's funny enough to be a comedian - he's actually had standup shows not just around Ireland but in Scotland, and maybe England too. Humour isn't a uniform thing and I must admit I don't always like certain comedians, or find them funny, but it would be stupid to claim they're not funny enough (the humour is in the ear of the beholder) to be a comedian.

The fact that some of his stuff gets likes and reposts in the thousands show that many people find his stuff funny and/or informative.

If that's "grabbing the low hanging fruit from both trees" by him to help highlight the unbearable plight of the Palestinian civilians under the collective punishment as the IDF vent their spleen then at least he's doing it rather than sitting idly by, or worse still, mocking the plight of innocent Palestinian victims.
Thank God for Tadgh as the whole would would simply be in the dark on the issue despite it being on every T.V. and radio news bulliten as well as on the front page of every single newspaper every day.

We can just scrap the U.N. as Tadgh is on the case so António Guterres (Secretary-General of the United Nations) can just shut up going on about Israel all the time.

The first job of any comediam is to be funny and Tadgh is far from funny.

Thank God for Tadgh as the whole would would simply be in the dark on the issue despite it being on every T.V. and radio news bulliten as well as on the front page of every single newspaper every day.

We can just scrap the U.N. as Tadgh is on the case so António Guterres (Secretary-General of the United Nations) can just shut up going on about Israel all the time.

The first job of any comediam is to be funny and Tadgh is far from funny.

If that's what you took from it then you're even more broken than I thought.

He's helping to keep it as a topic of conversation. Love him or loathe him (I can take or leave him tbh - some of his stuff I think is good but some of it isn't) there's no denying he's helping to keep the plight of the Palestinian women and children front and central.

So sorry if you're finding it all so very tiresome that you're being reminded of Palestinian women and children being killed in large numbers on a daily basis by a country that has been given full support by the President of the EU.

As for his humour - that's in the eye/ear of the beholder. I think if he's making a living off it there's absolutely no denying he's a comedian, even if you or others here don't find him humourous.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

All Eyes On Us

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼