Weddings these days!

Yes and this is the ultimate in selfishness
My hoop it is.
You really think a couple should consider a few cranks when they are deciding where to get married, I doubt they are worried whether you would attend or not. It's their wedding day not yours, you do know that don't you? You can decline the invite if the venue puts you out.

Last edited:
We used it as a filter and it worked a treat, all the cranky begrudgers declined and all the sound people came for a week. Best wedding most of them had been to.

Lolzers

Why would someone who doesn't want to have to fork out for flights and extra time off work be a 'begrudger'?

The original point stands.

If anything the attitude of those who have only strengthens the argument. More people don't do it as they don't want to burden family and friends with the expense and having to eat into holidays..

Last edited:
My hoop it is.
You really think a couple should consider a few cranks when they are deciding where to get married, I doubt they are worried whether you would attend or not. It's their wedding day not yours, you do know that don't you? You can decline the invite if the venue puts you out.
Well that tells a whole lot about your attitude if you see this as anything else but selfish.

See I am the type of person that would consider others in a decision, obviously your type are different.

Well that tells a whole lot about your attitude if you see this as anything else but selfish.

See I am the type of person that would consider others in a decision, obviously your type are different.
Actually says more about you that you think that you should be part of another couples wedding planning decisions, you have your own for that. Are you that needy that you have to dictate other couples plans?

Actually says more about you that you think that you should be part of another couples wedding planning decisions, you have your own for that. Are you that needy that you have to dictate other couples plans?
No its just I am not an inconsiderate, miserable self centered type.

I was invited to a wedding that took place abroad, I chose not to go.

But then I speak my mind as opposed to the typical, have to be nice and say the right things to ones face.

If someone I know, wants to have a wedding abroad and invites me, then I won't be going, so in all logic could you please tell me, how I could then be part of these plans, when I will not be there ?

So explain please, if i am not going to attend to a self centered couples wedding in another country, how does that make me needy and how am i then as such ' dictating other couples plans ' ?

Lolzers

Why would someone who doesn't want to have to fork out for flights and extra time off work be a 'begrudger'?

The original point stands.

If anything the attitude of those who have only strengthens the argument. More people don't do it as they don't want to burden family and friends with the expense and having to eat into holidays..

Yeah, people might not be able to attend for all sorts of reasons including financial or family commitments, or they just might have their own holiday plans that don't include a spending a week with a bunch of other wedding guests.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Big Swinin' Mikeys

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼