Weddings these days!

We used it as a filter and it worked a treat, all the cranky begrudgers declined and all the sound people came for a week. Best wedding most of them had been to.
Exactly.. it depends on how you look at it

Saying that you are getting married abroad and anyone who would like to join us it’s welcome is a very different thing to we are getting married abroad and expect everyone there.

I got married at home but started out thinking about a wedding abroad, just couldn’t get it to work for lots of reasons in the end

Lol who could have guessed that those who had a foreign wedding disagree with my initial point.

Weddings are bad enough without the added expense of flights and extra time off work. Having your guests fork out extra is selfish and of course people mind

People who think their 'magical day' was somehow any different to every other one of these tiresome functions are delusional.

Anyone who told you otherwise is merely being polite

Lol who could have guessed that those who had a foreign wedding disagree with my initial point.

Weddings are bad enough without the added expense of flights and extra time off work. Having your guests fork out extra is selfish and of course people mind

People who think their 'magical day' was somehow any different to every other one of these tiresome functions are delusional.

Most guests would probably have been planning a summer holiday anyway, we gave them 18 months notice , told everyone there was no pressure, we fully understood if people didnt travel,

Most guests would probably have been planning a summer holiday anyway, we gave them 18 months notice , told everyone there was no pressure, we fully understood if people didnt travel,
The anyway bit is an assumption.

You told your friends and relatives 18 months beforehand, when you expected them to take their holidays from work, you told them to organise their flights and their accommodation and when.

I think it is rich of people I really do.

Why did you just not go abroad with your partner get married and then have a night out back here ?

It is the most self centered thing a couple can do.

The anyway bit is an assumption.

You told your friends and relatives 18 months beforehand, when you expected them to take their holidays from work, you told them to organise their flights and their accommodation and when.

I think it is rich of people I really do.

Why did you just not go abroad with your partner get married and then have a night out back here ?

It is the most self centered thing a couple can do.
Wow, a couple self centered on their own wedding day, shocka!

Of course the not to offend anyone to their face thing is ingrained in a lot of Irish people.

I imagine many had different views than they expressed.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Bury
Old Oak, Oliver Plunkett St.

26th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼