Unlimited Heartbreak: The Inside Story of Limerick Hurling

i live in limerick for the last 12 years and have seen enough drunk limerick hurlers in that time , that under 21 team that won the 3 in a row would be on serious benders around the town after games and the place is small so you couldn't miss them , that and the fact they thought there were the greatest hurlers ever :confused:
but hurling in limerick city is fcuked, no teams and no players, the schools prefer the rugger and the local clubs get all the young fellas instead of the gaa club, im in my early 40s now and a fella from the nearest club asked me to join up just because i told him i played underage for blackrock :D

How Limerick squandered their all-conquering under-21 team is one of the great sporting puzzlements of the decade. I wouldn't mind reading a well-written book on the topic. I dunno how much I'd want to read it if it's just interview transcripts, though.

Agreed. Did you read 'House of Pain', about Mayo football? Similar topic.

i live in limerick for the last 12 years and have seen enough drunk limerick hurlers in that time , that under 21 team that won the 3 in a row would be on serious benders around the town after games and the place is small so you couldn't miss them , that and the fact they thought there were the greatest hurlers ever :confused:
but hurling in limerick city is fcuked, no teams and no players, the schools prefer the rugger and the local clubs get all the young fellas instead of the gaa club, im in my early 40s now and a fella from the nearest club asked me to join up just because i told him i played underage for blackrock :D

Same problem with hurling in cork city. The problem is not rugby or soccer but social lives. LThis myth about rugby in Limerick being super strong and killing other sports is just rubbish,

I've been reading it. It's very interesting stuff. Half way through. Well written.
No holds barred. Everyone speaks bluntly and all the major ills that have affected Limerick hurling are dealt with appropriately.
ANYONE interested in hurling would enjoy it

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

11th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Insiders

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼