Travelling South East Asia?????

Been living in Thailand for 5 years.

I'd personally go for a few days in BKK.
Upto Chiang Mai and the North for a week plus.
Go to Cambodia for a week. A few days at the temples. A few days down the beach.
3 weeks in Vietnam travelling.
Back to thailand and down to the Islands. Krabi etc. for the last few weeks.

Good luck, have fun.

check out airasia.com for cheap flights etc around the region. All visas are available at borders/airports.

Cheers D-man!! i'll take all that into account :)

nothin to say about Laos with yer time over there??

Yes, actually. :)

I'd probably do a trek in the North of Thailand, then up to laos for a week. A day or two in Vientiane (it's small) then up to Luang Prabang and Vien Vang. You can watertube it down the river.

Good fun. But full of pissed up/stoned backpackers acting like, well, pissed up/stoned backpackers.

I'd definitely give Laos a week.

Have fun.

There's a boat from Chiang Saen that goes up the mekhong into Kunming in China. I did it a few years ago and also think it stops in Laos on the way. Or maybe there's a boat going direct to Luang Prabang too.

google around 'boat chiang Saen to Luang prabang' if interested.

There's a boat from Chiang Saen that goes up the mekhong into Kunming in China. I did it a few years ago and also think it stops in Laos on the way. Or maybe there's a boat going direct to Luang Prabang too.

google around 'boat chiang Saen to Luang prabang' if interested.

Wow, that sounds amazing.

Laos is amazing, but I'd give Vang Vieng a miss, its a kip and as you said, full of idiot backpackers sitting in cafes watching friends. The tubing is massively overrated as well.

Louang Prabang is fantastic though, one of my favourite places in the whole of SEA. It so beautiful and chilled out.

Indonesia is a must, was there for 2 weeks completely overshadowed Thailand. Jakarta is not the best but once you move south the country side is amazing, look up pictures of MT Bromo, MT Merapi, excellent Hindu and buddist ruins largest in south east asia thats just Java, Bali for relaxing surfing etc, should look into it

Wow, that sounds amazing.

Laos is amazing, but I'd give Vang Vieng a miss, its a kip and as you said, full of idiot backpackers sitting in cafes watching friends. The tubing is massively overrated as well.

Louang Prabang is fantastic though, one of my favourite places in the whole of SEA. It so beautiful and chilled out.

You have to go to Vang Vieng! I agree with Eoin but it still has to be seen to be believed. No way to avoid it really as everyone ends up going there.

You have to go to Vang Vieng! I agree with Eoin but it still has to be seen to be believed. No way to avoid it really as everyone ends up going there.

Nah. I was in a place called Yangshuo in China that was similar in landscape but a million times more interesting.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Charlie's, Union Quay

9th Jun 2024 @ 3:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼